Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Vs. Cloth & Seat Adjustment

jennyt125

Hi,

Just a question which I hope someone can help me with. :) :help:

I had a Rev 3 MR2 UK GT (1995) which had the cloth seats. The car was really comfortable as the seats were fully adjustable for reach, lumber etc.

Have recently bought a new MX-5 Roadster Coupe and am finding it really uncomfortable as the seats only adjust for reach/back tilt and the seat lumber support is just in totally the wrong place giving me back problems. :angry: (£20,000 car which doesn't have adjustable seats?!!!).

Anyway if I can sell the car without too much of a loss then I want another MR2, but want the newest nicest Rev 5 model I can get and would ideally like a T bar with the leather. So my question is are the seats the same regardless of leather or cloth and are the Rev 5 seats the same as Rev 3? I ask as don't want to commit to a car and find out they changed the interior. By looking at pics the car doesn't seem to have changed but always good to check!

Also as above after a Rev 5 so if anyones selling let me know. Would prefer a TOC car as I know how much they are looked after.

Thanks, Jenny :thumbsup:

Hey Jenny,

I have had the pleasure of seeing all the different revisions up close and the rev 5 have exactly the same mechanical qualities of the Rev 3. :)

The only ones which dont have the same adjustment opetions are the Recaro which were a factory option for the Japanese market.

I also see that you have asked Rash to be on the lookout for one as well so your heading in the right direction.

What is your budget and what max miles do you want on the car?

Hi Fizz,

Thanks for the info. I see Rash sells some nice cars so hopefully they're be one for me somewhere! :)

No budget as there is 20k in my MX-5 already its just selling it that will be the problem! :crybaby: Also not too bothered about mileage as long as the car is in good nick and is serviced etc as it should be. I'm after the most mint Rev 5 I can get to hopefully last me for many years. Regret selling my Rev 3 but although a good car it wasn't in top nick so I probably would have been looking for another anyway.

Another question: I found out after buying that my Rev 3 had the premium audio system with the subs behind the seats. Are there many with this as it was a really good basic set up and as good as the BOSE in the MX5?

Thanks, Jenny

There are a few of those kits in rev 5's but even if it aint, there are always ways to upgrade the system afterwards at not much cost really.

Sorry to hear about the MX5 though as they are supposed to be great little cars. :(

guy I know has Mx5 and hes a very big guy. He's always sayin that its his baby and he loves it.... he never says anything about the seats...

if your really happy with the rest of the car ...arent there replacement seats you could get put in that suit your needs?

whatever you do I hope it makes you happy :thumbsup:

Guest MrMojo

Hey Jenny,

I have had the pleasure of seeing all the different revisions up close and the rev 5 have exactly the same mechanical qualities of the Rev 3. :)

The only ones which dont have the same adjustment opetions are the Recaro which were a factory option for the Japanese market.

I also see that you have asked Rash to be on the lookout for one as well so your heading in the right direction.

What is your budget and what max miles do you want on the car?

Tell me bout it the Recaros don't have as much adjustment but are lush and just as comfy i love them!.

you won't go wrong getting a car from Rash, my current one is from the great man himself.

just watch out he doesn't try to rip you off, he's a bit like that :lol: only joking top cars and the best prices around he certainly did me a cracking deal.

Mo

Hi,

Thanks for the advice about changing the seats however after a bit of research this is not possible. The car has air bags in the seats so although they can be disconnected the air bag indicator light will aways be on, also there is no manufactured seat frame for the new MX5's so the existing frame would have to be modified and to be honest i'd rather not go there. It is a great car but I just can't believe how much I miss my MR2! Can't toyota just bring out a Mk 4 and be done with it!

Cheers for the recomendations on Rash, he sounds like the person to go to! I'll send him a PM as I don't think he's read the posts.

Thanks, Jenny

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links