Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoking Ban 1st Of July

JappyBeast

Ban Smoking?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Government doing the right thing banning smoking in Pubs/Work?

• Yes. Smoking is filth!
    • No. We have the right to smoke where we want!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• 1bloke1dog1mr2

• Jinxed

• Kev Mc

i used to smoke, stay in scotland, and stopped when the ban came in purely for the fact my pal bet me that i couldn't stop... still have the odd ciggy when im on a night out...

BAD POINT... you say smoke stinks... have you ever been in a club after the smoke ban? OMG i would rather smell smoke tbh than stinky sweaty bodies and the smell of puke and urine! smoke covers this smell...

GOOD POINT... no more worryin bout some bugger burnin you on the dance floor lol

BAD POINT... you say smoke stinks... have you ever been in a club after the smoke ban? OMG i would rather smell smoke tbh than stinky sweaty bodies and the smell of puke and urine! smoke covers this smell...

Sounds like you go to all the classy places!

lol nothing to do with the class of the place... same in most places in glasgow for clubbing...

Doesn't bother me TBH.

2 of my siblings smoke (not allowed in me mam's house though - stand outside! :D).

Like Kimi said though, we force non-drivers (and everyone else in town) every day, to have to breath in our exhaust fumes...

Doesn't bother me TBH.

2 of my siblings smoke (not allowed in me mam's house though - stand outside! :D).

Like Kimi said though, we force non-drivers (and everyone else in town) every day, to have to breath in our exhaust fumes...

Aye, we do :yes:

We also breathe in the fumes from power stations, refineries, steel mills, paint manufacturers, laundries, fast food establishments, tanneries, crematoriums, aeroplanes, trains, trucks, numerous other things and Mo. ;)

We also breathe in the fumes from power stations, refineries, steel mills, paint manufacturers, laundries, fast food establishments, tanneries, crematoriums, aeroplanes, trains, trucks, numerous other things and Mo. ;)

Ban them all :lol::lol: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,crematoriums :eek: :shutit:

can we also ban old people from breathing too?

im sure half of them think that because their teeth arent actually real they dont have to clean them anymore

BAN IT would be nice to go out and not come back home stinking like a dirty ash tray.

jerry!!

Lets ban alcohol also... that way we can hit violent crime statistics somewhat, sort out even more health problems on top of those smoking causes, and prevent people from having to put up with drunken ****holes on nights out :thumbsup:

screw grouphug ...lets all have a health drive

im a smoker, to be honest i don't really care about the ban, i never smoke inside (be it a house, restaurant, pub, club etc.) i prefer smoking in the fresh air anyways :P also im sort of willing to quit this habbit, maybe the ban will help somehow.

P.S. passive smoking is just a bunch of bull****, it was proven not long ago (by scientists) that it has no effect unless you constantly under condition and still it won't have the same effect as actualy smoking (barmen, but you are not allowed to smoke at the bar anyways)

P.S. passive smoking is just a bunch of bull****, it was proven not long ago (by scientists) that it has no effect unless you constantly under condition and still it won't have the same effect as actualy smoking (barmen, but you are not allowed to smoke at the bar anyways)

Roy Castle got lung cancer from working in comedy clubs and never smoked a cigerette in his life!

Roy Castle got lung cancer from working in comedy clubs and never smoked a cigerette in his life!

Can you not just get lung cancer anyway?

Can you not just get lung cancer anyway?

The normally attribute it to smoking when their lungs are full of tar

I'm not being funny, but you're talking :censor: , of course breathing in toxic fumes is going to damage your health, whether you're sticking your lips onto a cigarette & sucking them in or you're inhaling them after they've left the burning end of a cigarette or somebody else's lungs. As mentioned, Roy Castle died from passive smoking so to say it's bull**** is completely ignorant & any scientist who says otherwise shouldn't have a job

2 points from that statement.... If I were to give some scientists a grant, I'm positive they could prove the moon was made from Pink Custard if I asked them to, and when was the last time you were in a pub and you didn't see someone standing at the bar smoking?

I love pink custard!

Our work is already putting 'Smoking is Banned' posters up and have started a weekly meeting for people who want to quit, which is a good idea in my opinion.

My only hope is that now we're getting booted outside, that the country actually looks after us. I don't wanna have an argument outside a club as to whether or not I was actually in there 5 mins ago. I don't wanna be sent to some grim back alley full of trash out the back of a pub. I wouldn't mind a small heater in winter. And most imporantly, I want a bin to put my cig end in once I'm done, so I (and the rest of the smoking population) don't get the blame from the non-smoking community for making the streets look such a mess... Remember who wanted us to go outside in the first place...

I agree with Frog on virtually all of his points.

I have given up cigarettes as of TODAY. :thumbsup::lol:

As im out on the road I smoke about 20 a day. The ban has made me do something I have wanted to do for years, Stop! I cannot imagine a pint without a cigarette at this point and to be able to do it one day and not the next is another right that our so called democratic society has taken away. I believe that whilst its a good idea, it is also the right of the owner to decide if its a smoking or non smoking venue, and the ultimately the people who then CHOOSE to frequent it. My Grandad has smoked for 70 years and he is not happy that some nobsock in a suit is telling him what he can and cant do! Its quite funny listening to him :lol:

I can hear the nicotine calling me...... :help::wacko: :!Removed!:

You can get Lung cancer regardless mate, smoking is not the only thing that can cause it! :!Removed!:

75% of smoke is invisible :o

Even in sunlight?? :lol:

They have started to build a smoking shelter in the carpark at work!

Rather wonderfully, theyre not just stopping at this drivvle... theyre also on about banning drivers from smoking, and confiscating the home pc's of tired drivers because its obviously them surfing the net late at night that makes them tired... I kid you all not.....

See this is my problem with the erosion of the liberties of 'minorities', sooner or later that erosion becomes idiotic to the point of insanity and its too late to rectify it....

im beginning to wonder if i can lure the labour party to a certain graveyard at midnight to shoot them all with crossbows before I remind them its perfectly legal for me to do that...... and so says the law!

I thought that a smoking ban affected anything with enclosed walls. My Hubby's work have knocked the smokers shelter down, and at my work the smoking area is open.

The smokers always had an area outside at my work but they have been banned from there because of the enclosed area rule.

I thought that a smoking ban affected anything with enclosed walls. My Hubby's work have knocked the smokers shelter down, and at my work the smoking area is open.

The smokers always had an area outside at my work but they have been banned from there because of the enclosed area rule.

You can have a shelter as long as it has only 1 wall.

You can have a shelter as long as it has only 1 wall.

What sort of shelter is that??!!! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links