Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloys

samsite999

afternoon all, well evening. Thanks for accepting me in to the forum! I know im asking questions now but i hope to soon give my own personal experiences with my Mr2 to others

Fist of all this is what I have, Its a Toyota Mr2 G-Limited 2.0lr 5 speed manual, its a 1990 plate (g) It has 15 inch alloys, air con and ABS

I'm funding it difficult to find out if its version 1 or 2 on the Mr2's can any one help? also what BHP should this car be developing?

151c_1.JPG

Second Of all I got some alloys on eBay for it today, there Fox r-1's 17 inches. I have 225/45/R17Y

These go on the back end with out any problems, but on the front end when I drop it back down after jacking it up it catches the plate for the coil spring!?!?!

I just wanted to know any one else's experience with this. Am i going to need to put smaller profile tyres on it? its also VERY tight up against the shock arm casing. Would you recommend spacers?

If not im going to have to get rid of them and get something else?

Any one want the above alloys with new tyres!?!

I would be very great full for any help I get, I know im asking a lot for a fist time poster, I have done as much research as i can but i could really do with some personal knowledge

Cheers

Sam

the car you have is a revison 1 of the Mark 2 mr2s

your car from new would have 158bhp but after 17 years you can expect it to have lost a few horses but not loads.

thats all i can help you with :(

Thanks MK11, Thats one of my questions answered!

I took it out for a drive today and loved every mint of of. I'm really surprised by the fuel ecconimy of it as well. Its better than my old fiat. I'm getting about 100 miles out of 10 pounds of fuel, this is A and B road driving to!! (took a drive up to the cost)

I have to chuck some more money at it this week though :( I need to replace all the shocks and I think it may well be called the control arm? It bolts on to the back of the shock housing and connects to the role bar?

Any idea specifically what this part is called? the rubber bushes have gone and its banging about at the moment. If any one has any idea were to get shocks and this part from as cheep as possible, it will be great fully received.

I forgot to ask, Do you guys (and girls) meet up at all?

Guest MrMojo

Okies here goes i'll try to shed light on some stuff,

but as usual if i'm wrong some one will deffo correct me.....

firstly rev1 car will most prolly have the FE engine which is about 125bhp ish iirc most rev1's had this, late rev1 and all rev2 had GE engine @ 158bhp.

Tyres, again iirc, you really want 215/40/17 on the front max size i think without spacers etc to avoid contact with shox etc, spacers are available tho use friendly google it'll help i'm sure.

The part you're looking for is.........droplinks very common for these to knock rattle n bang on the 2 i should know i need all 4 replaced on mine.

and yes we do all meet up check out the meets section of this forum and check your local area section always stuff going on.

Hope that all helps you out mate.

Mo

Thanks MrMojo!!! Drop links, ill look for them on Google and eBay. I didn't know they were a common thing to go.

Is there any way to tell visually what version of engine i have? rev1 or late rev1. It is a Jap import as well if thats any help

once again, thanks for all your help, im going to check out the meets section of the forum now :)

Sam

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links