Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D4d Acceleration Flat Spot!

Mikee

Hi guys

I've just taken delivery of a TR 2.0 D4D

The car's been great, however i've noticed that when accelerating between 1500rpm to 2000rpm, the car jerks quite a bit like there is a flat spot in the power!

This doesn't seem to happen when you put your foot down on the gas, the car is fine is fairly smooth.

It's when you speed up slowly that you get the flat spot, keep your foot at the same level on the gas and the car just jerks back and forth like it gets some power and then loses it the next!!

Give it more gas then the car goes fine but when you're driving in urban areas, putting your foot down all the time just isn't possible.

Has anybody else had this issue? this doesn't happen all the time but it's happened enough to get me concerned!!!

I've called the dealer up and it's going back in for their tech guys to have a look next week.

I drove a 2.0 d4d t-spirt about a week ago while mine was in for a repair. and yes when accelerating it did judder. i would get in into toyota as there may be a problem with the fuel management etc. if the problem continoues return the car to the dealer and tell them the car is not fit for purpose. if they refuse, send you cheque to the court and they will poo them selves. Well it worked for myt on my old corolla.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links