Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Speed

BUDHA

new to this forum so hello to all,

just got a 05 d4d t300 toyota avensis,what should be the top end?as i cant seem to go over 80mph.surely this cant be the top end on a 2litre?is there a limiter or something i can disconnect or something?.

also is there a web site out there that i can go onto to download a updated cd rom fro the sat nav as toyota are quoting crazy money for it?

any help would be appreciated.

cant see why you are limited to 80mph, was there a strong head wind?

The National speed limit is only 70 MPH............................what more do you want :rolleyes: ;)

Maybe your floormat is stopping your accelerator pedal from being pressed its full extent.

Put it this way - I "know someone" who once had the speedo on my old 1.0 Yaris showing a hell of a lot more than that & quite possibly used to cruise along on the motorway at a higher speed than 80 :!Removed!: :bye:

With that in mind there's definately some kind of problem, as suggested, check if the mat is physically stopping the pedal going down as far as it it capable. Also, try a 2nd attempt, "this person" tested my Yaris out on 2 occasions, the 1st time they got it to a decent speed then the 2nd time it seemed to be stuck at a certain speed for a bit & if they hadn't had it going faster at some point they'd have thought that was as fast as it could go, having already been faster though they didn't slack off & it started to fly up again after a while so maybe your car was the same when you tested it out :unsure:

Good luck with it & welcome to the club

Even my sub 1litre aygo goes faster than that. Take it to a garage and get it checked as it sounds like your not getting the boost you should :thumbsup:

Even my sub 1litre aygo goes faster than that. Take it to a garage and get it checked as it sounds like your not getting the boost you should :thumbsup:

Stupid question but did you check the Handbrake was off ?

We have loads of Avensis at work and they move ok for there size and should pull well more than 80mph!!! lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links