Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent

Pompey Gaz

:help:

ok so maybe not that urgent

I need air in my tires, done the monthly check, and one of my dustcaps is fused on, tried turning it with pliers but it's just turning the whole valve, how can it be removed and would i have to take it to a tyre place or my local garage?

:help:

Can you get another set of pliers to hold the valve?

If it is a plastic cover just destroy it with a lighter/knife.

they are plastic i think

I only have one pair of pliers (I'm rubbish :( )

will try using a knife though, if not i reackon will take it to frost tyres in humbo and get them to have a play with itm

It isn't those stupid coloured valve caps is it? those things weld themselves to the valve.

Try pouring some really hot water on it, this may expand the metals at a different rate and release it... failing that it's a trip to the tyre shop to get a new valve fitted.

I've used the hot water trick before.. and it has worked a few times.. the difference being that as I'm a tyre fitter, I removed the valve 1st and put the old one in a cup of boiling water while I fitted the costomers new tyre... by the time it was done the cap came of relatively easy.

i went to the tyre place and got a new valve, only a fiver. I've replaced the ones i had for the plain black ones, the tyre guy put some copper grease on them for us

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links