Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Purchasing A Car

yazburner

Is it also illegal to name a driver on your policy to get a discount, when you know that that person will never drive the car??

not really, just because theyre ever going to drive the car, theres always a possiblity of something happening and them needing to drive it. they cant void your insurance just because theyve never drove it.

if they live the other end of the country they may say something, but it not against the rules.

also has you mom got a car of her own if so she can't use her no claims bonus on a second car will have to start fresh on the yaris so making insurance premuim with you has a named driver sky high if i was you get insurance in your own name and build up your no claims bonus

I'm guessing you're not over 21 with you wanting to do the insurance fronting thing but if you are then www.dayinsure.com are a very good way of doing temporary insurance.

Like a few other people have said, having yourself as a named driver when you're actually the main driver is insurance fraud. It's like saying you're actually older than you are, or saying the car is kept in a garage in the middle of nowhere when it's actually kept on the street in Moss-Side.

They can find out if they want to, but they don't even need to. If they suspect you're the main driver (if your mum has her own car and you only have access to the Yaris it's a fairly safe bet!) they could just reject a claim and then you'd have to fight them in court.

You could insure it in your mum's name and say you're the main driver to use her NCD. But if she's already using it on her car then it's no good.

Don't cut any corners, it's not worth it. If you can't afford to insure it, you can't afford it!

Get some quotes, and put your mum on your policy as a named driver, it makes it a lot cheaper with some companies (like Admiral/Elephant/Bell).

Bear in mind you need to be insured for the test drive too! Yep, insurance is a pain in the bum at times! :(

try mcn in the yellow pages my last car was a pug 406 :censor:

and i was paying £1750 py

my surf is inport and 3lt td now paying £450 full comp :thumbsup:

just by telling the truth. build up your own n/c and it will help in the future.

i drove my car when i got it from healing to cleethorpes only about 5 miles but i didn't touch it till later that afternoon once i was insured (main driver) and had the email until my policy came through incase the police wanted it etc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links