Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diy Bodywork Repair.....

ferrariboyuk

Has anyone had a stab at repairing minor dents and scratches themselves by any chance? Had some damage to the previa for some time and after seeing it done on wheeler dealers and reading up on it I'm tempted to have a go. I'm rather handy.

Only concern is getting the paint to match. The previa is a V reg so not sure if a fresh can of paint bought from Halfords will look right.

Mite just prep it and ask someone like chips away to paint.

What does everone think?

DOM

I do not recommend Chips Away unless you know your local operator is any good and they're expensive. Any repair will not be invisible despite what they may claim, that's if they even bother to show up at all. I've only ever heard bad things about them.

I have some paintwork that needs repair and I'm going to try Smart Solutions (0800 0938868).

For small dents you might want to try this - heat the area with a hairdryer (careful not to blister the paint) and immediately using either a can of freezer spray or a can of air turned upside down, has same effect as freezer spray, spray the heated area and the dent should pop out. Also, I would suggest getting paint from a dealer and not Halfords, especially if your paintwork is still quite fresh looking. Paint repair requires some skill if you want it to look good but it will never be 100%.

I expect if you do some research on the internet you'll find a site that can give some tips on paint repair.

What's wrong with Halfords paint!?!?!?!?

Also, I personally would never attempt any body repair myself.

You could use the "shine" service available through Halfords. They do a great job mate, I've seen the work they do to customers cars several times. Top stuff!

What's wrong with Halfords paint!?!?!?!?

Also, I personally would never attempt any body repair myself.

You could use the "shine" service available through Halfords. They do a great job mate, I've seen the work they do to customers cars several times. Top stuff!

Do you work for Halfords by any chance? :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links