Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Laptop Help

crizzle

I've just purchased a Mac and I would like to region free my DVD drive so that I can play my region 1 and region 2 DVDs.

A bit more infomation would be useful. What is the make and model of the dvd drive. I have no idea about macs because everytime I have ever used one - without exception - it crashed on me. You might be able to perform a firmware upgrade to an region free version.

I use a mac :D

g4 iBook 1.42

for region free play what i've had to do is just put the disc in and a message pops up do you wanna change the region, click yes but from what i remember you can only do this a few times, other than that I have no idea but can find out for you

Gaz

I own a iMac G5 and a iBook G3. You can only change the regions 5 times before it locks.

There is useful software out there. Try here

HTH and welcome to the mac club.... they rock!

I'm not sure what it is. It could be a PowerMac or MacBook. I have already changed it too many times and now it will not change.

Download this program and use it to watch DVDs. I believe it doesn't check for region codes before playing.

There is also a program called Region X for the Mac that allows you to reset the change counter in OS X

Seconded on VLC player - i use it to play DVD's & its never asked for the region.

J

Download this program and use it to watch DVDs. I believe it doesn't check for region codes before playing.

There is also a program called Region X for the Mac that allows you to reset the change counter in OS X

That's what I would suggest, but not sure that'll work as it's already locked on a region and computer companies are tricky gits! What region is it locked on btw?

If you do manage to get it unlocked set it to Region 0!

I think the only way to upgrade the firmware of the drive to a region free version is to pull it from the ibook (or whatever it is) and hook it up to a PC. Then it can be flashed and put back into the Mac. Obviously being a laptop it's doubtful you could just plug it into another laptop so you would need to invest in a laptop cd-to-IDE adapter and plug it into a desktop PC.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links