Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Strange Thing Happened with the Corolla

cfc1

Hopefully this "on board check" will be able to get us a little further on.

Unless it means they are shipping it over to Japan :eek: :P

Just get it sorted for JAE (you know how wet it can get there :lol: ) ;)

A TTE technician is going to the dealer tomorrow :).. according to what the technician at the dealer said, the TTE technician allready has an idea what and where the problem is coming from.. The dealer technician asked him what it was so he could fix it, but the TTE technician said to him it was a secret as it was due to the "modified" parts from TTE :lol:.. I think the TTE guy is pulling someones leg a little.. but you never know.. anyhoo, he will look at it tomorrow and hopefully we will get it back in full working order.

Feeling good about my cheeky e-mail direct to TTE now.. but if you don't ask, you don't get... I appologised to the dealer technician.. but he said it wasn't needed as it has him stumped anyway and he appreciates the help.. no matter where it comes from.

Got the Corolla back today :yahoo::yahoo:

The TTE technician had the problem fixed in no time.. he knew what the problem was before he arrived. It turned out to be the EU Emissions Box (whatever that is) that sits behind the instrument cluster.

When these cars were modified by TTE they done some testing, it was during this testing that the fault 1st appeared, unfortunately some cars were allready shipped out.. mine was one of them. As the cars were registered they tracked them down and carried out the repair before most of them were with their new owners. My car was used by Toyota, being trailored around and put on show stands etc (so I am led to beleive) so as the car was never registered it was harder for TTE to trace.. one it was registered I bought it.. the rest as they say is history.

You gotta just love Toyota eh!.

Service at its best from TTE.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links