Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Mccanns

Demonic Angel

I have to admit, something doesnt add up.

A sensible reply at last.

Obviously time will tell, but the fact is a very high percentage of murder victims (I’m not saying anyone has been murdered) are killed by either friends or relatives. To me, it just seems no one has looked closely at these facts. In the UK, family and friends are usually the number one suspect but it’s not always made obvious by the authorities.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T V O R

• Kev Mc

• Pompey Gaz

• Demonic Angel

Too soon TVOR, too soon

Too soon? 100% disagree, no one has been charged, the girl is still missing, and it’s a straight forward question.

Do you think (even if there is a slightest doubt) that the parents could be involved?

Anything is possible, but to accuse the parents of a missing little girl of murder based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever is utterly sick. She could easily be perfectly ok & they could have had nothing to do with her abduction, you (like me) know nothing about the case, you're basing this accusation on what's been reported in the press & until an official of the highest standard working on the case says anything different, I'm hoping for her to be returned home safely. I know you consider yourself to be some form of pyschoanalysist but this is really low, even by your standards

If you read my posts again you will see I haven’t accused the parents (or anybody else) of murder.

I’m asking a straight forward question. Obviously some people like yourself will get emotional at such a topic and should maybe not get involved in this particular discussion.

The girl has been missing over 3 months; there have been no substantial witnesses, no positive leads and no charges. It seems she has vanished into thin air. I agree with your first statement though, that anything is possible, maybe there is doubt in your mind as well?

Don't try to bull***** me, we both know what you were getting at whether you directly accused them or not & I think it's sick. Yeah, anything is possible, anybody who could possibly have been in the area at the time is a potential suspect & as you said, to the public's knowledge there have been no substantial leads so to just accuse the parents is out of order imo. Yeah, they shouldn't have left the kids alone but everybody makes mistakes, it could well be that they've made a mistake bigger than most people ever will & until that possibility has been completely disproven I think that suggesting they've murdered their own kid is shameful

TO be honest guys....

it all depends on your theory of 'Guilty until proven innocent' or 'Innocent until proven guilty'

nothing more nothing less...

I think both 'parties' of thought on here have valid opinions, regardless of whether we feel they are 'sick' or 'low' etc

Many people don't want to believe that others are capable of hurting kids... (family, friends, strangers or anyone!) but the truth is there are just some people out there who are... no one knows 100% what a person is like except that person themselves.

I too hope that the kid is returned safely, and that the parents (if they aren't involved) have learnt a very valuable lesson! But I have to put my cynical hat on and say.. its been a while now...

Kev_Mc - I think what TVOR is trying to say is that you should keep an open mind - the parents *could* of done something - maybe not even deliberate - some tragic sort of accident *could* have happened which they felt so bad about they decided to try and cover it up. But it is all *could* TVOR has no idea, he is just saying it's a possibility - which unfortunately it is. I hope they didn't do anything and I hope she turns up but anything could of happened

A lot of us have been touched very deeply by Madeleine's disappearance and no-one knows for sure what has happened to her. It could have been anyone - and yes that includes Madeleine's parents, however no-one is that good an actor and I'm sure those looks of pure pain from both Gerry & Kate McCann could not possibly have been "acted" in my opinion - their grief is plain to see in my eyes.

Needless to say, this thread has teetered on the balance of being closed before and I do not wish for that to happen, its a free world, so discuss all you like, but this is a 4-year old child we're talking about, therefore its easy for emotions to run high.

I still have hope Madeleine will be found, but I doubt in Portugal - she could be anywhere in Europe by now, if indeed she is still alive which I'm sure all of us hope for.

Obviously time will tell, but the fact is a very high percentage of murder victims (I’m not saying anyone has been murdered) are killed by either friends or relatives. To me, it just seems no one has looked closely at these facts. In the UK, family and friends are usually the number one suspect but it’s not always made obvious by the authorities.

I was watching Richard & Judy a few weeks back, and they had a few professionals on there. Usually when a child is abducted in the UK, the immediate family/friends are questioned as TVOR says, they are the first line of questioning. This didn't happen in Maddy's case, so once the Mccanns had one the hearts of the nation, we find it absurd that they are now turning into the number one suspects of their own daughter's disappearance/murder.

Things have not been done right, and the whole thing looks fishy to me.

BTW, old thread but still news.

TVOR is just putting down what everyone else is thinking . Kev man you need to chill-ax , he has a valid point and is free to express his opinion , dont be so narrow minded mate . Anything could have happened , they could have panicked .. not thinking straight....i hope not though and am 99.9% sure nothing like this did happen but you cant rule it out .

There is something not right though .

I wonder whether the suspicions are based in cognitive reasoning or perhaps a subconcious awareness of what may be innappropriate body language signals being given out by the mcanns

for me its a concious awareness of certainly one moment where mrs mcanns body language seemed very out of place in light of her husbands behaviour at the time.....

but then I acknowledge there are a multitude of explanations for the event im refering to....

as grisom seems to always emphasise... stick to the evidence

Look, TVOR was looking for a reaction, well done, I took the bait & gave him or her 1.

Starting to go over old ground here, I've said what I think & that is that anything is possible so to just blame the parents based on no facts whatsoever is wrong.

JJ's point about being innocent until proven guilty is a good 1, they're innocent in my eyes until it's been proven that they've done something wrong so I'm giving them the benefit of any doubt. If it's proven that they've been involved then I'll view them as I would view anybody else who's done it but for the time being I think it's out of order to accuse them of something so horrible with absolutely no reason other than the fact that it's possible

Look, TVOR was looking for a reaction, well done, I took the bait & gave him or her 1.

Dont be down on yourself because you have strong feelings about this issue m8 :) I personally envy you... there are very few issues that get me so charged

I think the vast majority of people are probably too far into the realms of apathy and narcicsm to truly give a toss(of course impression management is a wonderful thing ;)) .... and for the observant, sometimes yes, when we generalise about others we can actually be making a remark thats far more indicative of self than anything external.

If TVOR was looking for a reaction well... with no disrespect or disparagement I guess 'why he needed it?' is a nice question to ask :)

I did say my question may cause some controversy, and I have had several PM’s from people thinking and asking the same questions but do not want to post anything due to any backlash.

I’m not looking for a reaction. I wouldn’t take a little girls disappearance as a way to stir up a heated disagreement.

There are easier ways to do that with less emotive topics, that’s what mods are for ;)

I believe there are questions that need to be asked and lines of enquiry that need to be followed. Someone has to stand up and ask the awkward questions, like it or not.

To add my 2 pennies worth....

Why has the media grabbed this story with both hands and not let go for sooooo long?

There are many abductions/missing kids scenario's even though we dont hear about them through the national media... so whats so special about the Mcann's?

Dont get me wrong... I hope that she is safe and well somewhere and is found asap but im more questioning the media on this.

Maybe the British media want similar questions asked to? If the disappearance had happened in this country I’m more than positive the investigation would have given us a lot more answers.

Why did they do a 'tour' of America?

Portugal was begining to get cold ?

Fizz made an excellent point there :(

I don't know how the media works. Why did Sarah Payne get so much publicity when kids are (I assume) abducted every day? Why did the Jessica Chapman & Holly Wells get so much publicity? Why did Damilola Taylor get so much publicity?

I'm not saying these people don't deserve the campaigns to catch the people responsible or anything like that, but there are loads of times where certain cases grab the headlines when others barely get a mention. Why it's like that is beyond me but I don't think there's anything more sinister behind the amount of publicity to this case than there is any of the others mentioned.

Most of those cases they were brutal murders.. there is a slight difference between them and a missing girl of which there are many.

The Sarah Payne 1 wasn't, she was in the papers as an abducted child before they found the poor girl's body, as were Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman come to think of it. The Madeleine McCann case is not the 1st to get loads of publicity when other cases are barely getting any

Point taken but they were found a lot sooner and the media jumped it up more once they realised what had happened.

I know what your saying though. Not every case can be given the same amount of media attention but it just seems strange at the same with with this case.

Ive had spam emails... etc... never seen anything like it before...

Its Collective Behaviour, the public get involved and jump on the emotional band wagon and the whole thing snowballs, they seem to have a problem detaching themselves from events/stories that aren’t part of their normal life.

Wrist bands and ribbons are worn (by the way, someone is making money out of them), one minute silences or applause at sporting events, avatars and signature are changed (that isn’t a dig at you Kev Mc). It’s a kind of social psychology. The Diana ‘incident’ is a modern day classic example. People committed suicide on hearing the news she had died, what’s that all about?!

People/children go missing everyday and every country, people die every day but we will never hear of them.

Yeah, sounds like they've got evidence suggesting she's been naughty. I stand by my comments though, until she's been convicted of it I wont be jumping on the bandwagon, although now I'll be able to understand if others do

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links