Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Mccanns

Demonic Angel

Kate McCann is today to be officially declared as a suspect.

Could be a technicality to enable them to ask her certain questions that they couldn't legally ask without giving her the right to remain silent.

If they don't ask all the questions then they're not doing their job properly.

I also wondered whether the current situation is partly to keep the case in the public eye. Yesterday the family spokesperson managed to use the media interest to make another statement appealing for help.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T V O R

• Kev Mc

• Pompey Gaz

• Demonic Angel

Gerry Mccann is being questioned today, both were questioned as "witnesses"

Yes, but this morning they've also said they now want to question her as a possible suspect as there were some questions they couldn't ask without giving her the protection that the 'suspect' status would provide under Portuguese law.

[Edit]Ooops got country wrong. Fixed[/Edit]

According to the BBC News, they found some of Madeleiens Blood in a Hire Car used by the Mccans 3 weeks after she went missing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6983604.stm

I hope they've checked to see who hired the car before them though?

Surely they don't think that 3 to 4 weeks after she went missing they were ferrying her about in a hire car?

According to the BBC News, they found some of Madeleiens Blood in a Hire Car used by the Mccans 3 weeks after she went missing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6983604.stm

I hope they've checked to see who hired the car before them though?

Surely they don't think that 3 to 4 weeks after she went missing they were ferrying her about in a hire car?

With all the media watching as well!

Who knows what they are thinking - but it does seem to evident that they know something more since the partial forensic results

I would think that would be virtually impossibly for the McCanns to do.. they can't !Removed! without a reporter or a police officer knowing about it.... every move they make, day and night, will be closely watched.

I hope this case doesnt end as i suspect it will .

I think we will know more within the next 24 hours than we have done in the last 3+ months...

I hope this case doesnt end as i suspect it will .

I think we will know more within the next 24 hours than we have done in the last 3+ months...

Agreed!

Thing is, if it does turn out how I think it will, the whole world have been taken for fools.

maybe its not foolishness.... maybe its hope and face value. If the Mcanns are that unscrupulous then they took advantage of people whilst trying to escape their predicament. Just because people accepted what they said and acted with the girl at heart doesnt necessarilly mean they are foolish, maybe at worst they were distracted by the possible plight of a vulnerable child.

its just maddening that parents can and have been neglectful, cruel, and inhumane to their own very young children.

Lets carry on hoping there is still hope.... and cross the other bridge if we ever get there

Watch the opinions of the nation shift.

I must admit to not having been so shocked at the news since the death of Steve Irwin... I kinda sat in my car (as I was travelling when I heard) in a state of slight shock.

But then Robert Murat was also a "suspect" and nothing came of him...

I don't know what to think really at this stage, but if they did do something to Madeleine what awaits them is worse than a a jail term - the hatred of a nation for what they themselves put everyone through.

Part of me still doesnt believe (or doesnt want to) that they have harmed Madeleine, at least not intentionally, but if it was an accident why not say so back in May?

I just don't get it - with them as suspects even more doesnt add up!

I'm still 99% sure this is nothing more than the police following up some evidence that they can't otherwise explain.

I hope people will stay behind them unless something much more conclusive is found. Thousands of innocent people get accused of things that they didn't do, and just one little thing is not enough to prove them guilty.

Sure, such evidence has to be investigated properly, and it's right that the police should do so, and if that involves asking some tough questions for the family then it has to be done. But until the police have something more concrete we should continue to wish them well and hope that Maddie is found. I still believe they are more than likely innocent and if that is the case they have now lost a child and are being accused of something they didn't do.

Thing is, if it does turn out how I think it will, the whole world have been taken for fools.

Not everyone...

Not everyone...

I was just about to say that.

I'm still 99% sure this is nothing more than the police following up some evidence that they can't otherwise explain.

I hope people will stay behind them unless something much more conclusive is found. Thousands of innocent people get accused of things that they didn't do, and just one little thing is not enough to prove them guilty.

Sure, such evidence has to be investigated properly, and it's right that the police should do so, and if that involves asking some tough questions for the family then it has to be done. But until the police have something more concrete we should continue to wish them well and hope that Maddie is found. I still believe they are more than likely innocent and if that is the case they have now lost a child and are being accused of something they didn't do.

Good post

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links