Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Omg

Pompey Gaz

Basically I have done some work experience for ITV Central, i kept in touch, and got this email today:

"Hi Gareth

You probably don’t remember me, but I work in the newsroom at ITV Central East in Chilwell. I’m not sure if you are aware of the 12 month traineeship being offered by ITV News Group in Technical Operations, but if you log onto www.itvjobs.com/news you’ll find lots more information on the structure and content of the scheme.

If you need any further information or wish to talk things through further, please don’t hesitate to call me on one of the numbers below. Hope you’re able to apply!

Best wishes

Elaine

Elaine Anderton

Training Projects Consultant"

this is brilliant, arranging it with them tomorro and that means for atleast 12 months I shall be in the Midlands area :D :toast:

you must have made an impression for them to send you that...

congratulations...

haha thanks

looking at it i can do it in manchester, norwich or southampton, gunna sort it out with Elaine tomorro see if i can do southampton I reackon, close to fratton park and got a few friends down there :D

Manchester is a big BBC area

Norwich is lesser known, so i think i'd go for meridian haha go to the isle of white

you basically got headhunted, which must mean ur the dogs nads

nice one mate :thumbsup:

(bare jelous)

Nice one Gaz. :thumbsup:

Just tell them any position you take can't interfere with your Toyota Owners Club meets ;) :lol:

Les

Nice one Gaz. :thumbsup:

Just tell them any position you take can't interfere with your Toyota Owners Club meets ;) :lol:

Les

:lol: will do, the position is october to october :D

you basically got headhunted, which must mean ur the dogs nads

nice one mate :thumbsup:

(bare jelous)

all before I even graduated :P

HUUUGE congrates matey. :yahoo:

I am VERY jealous. Now you can afford that Powerbook!

It says I get a salary with 25 days off but I dunno what to expect salary wise, hmm anything enough to pay petrol/insurance/rent is enough for me, or if i crash at mates, thats even better :D

thank you everyone

heres a basic outline of what i will have to do:

The scheme for 2007-8 commences on Monday 1st October for 12 months and will include the following:

· Induction Week: a busy orientation programme looking at technical operations within ITV News Group and the wider ITV, as well as meeting and sharing experiences with the trainees from our Editorial and Graphics schemes.

· Shadowing & Observation: the opportunity to obtain a full appreciation of the different technical and editorial roles within your ‘home’ ITV region.

· Hands on Experience: practical experience in key technical roles, including gallery operations, floor management, sound, lighting and editing.

· Basic Technical Fundamentals: a six day training course delivered in association with Southampton Solent University to underpin the principles of TV operational fundamentals.

· Intensive Training Modules: three intensive two week training programmes designed to develop and enhance your technical skills and provide the opportunity to work closely with the editorial trainees to produce dummy regional news programmes.

· Regional Exchange: 8 consecutive weeks in an alternative newsroom to gain a wider understanding of regional differences from an editorial and operational view point.

· Mentoring Scheme: each trainee is allocated a personal mentor based in their ‘home’ region.

· Feedback & Monitoring: there will be close monitoring of the progress for each trainee, with key milestones in place to measure achievement.

· Entitlements: a salary and 25 days annual leave over the 12 month period (this leave should not be taken during the induction week, the three 2 week training modules or the 8 weeks in a different region.

Basically I have done some work experience for ITV Central, i kept in touch, and got this email today:

"Hi Gareth

You probably don’t remember me, but I work in the newsroom at ITV Central East in Chilwell. I’m not sure if you are aware of the 12 month traineeship being offered by ITV News Group in Technical Operations, but if you log onto www.itvjobs.com/news you’ll find lots more information on the structure and content of the scheme.

If you need any further information or wish to talk things through further, please don’t hesitate to call me on one of the numbers below. Hope you’re able to apply!

Best wishes

Elaine

Elaine Anderton

this is brilliant, arranging it with them tomorro and that means for atleast 12 months I shall be in the Midlands area :D :toast:

Forgive me if I have misunderstood this but the contents of the E-mail above are NOT offering you a job .................but inviting you to apply for a 12 month traineeship.

This is often done by recruitment consultants to get a shortlist of potential employees................You still have to get through the selection process.

If you apply for it I hope that you are succesfull in obtaining a years traineeship and that it leads on to full time employment for you. :thumbsup:

yeah thats retty much it, gunna give them a bell in a minnute and see what they say

I did something very similar to this at the Beeb in London. Interviewed and offered a weeks work experience but no wage.

Could've lead to something and who knows where I'd be now, but turned it down because I was a graduate and needed money :rolleyes:

Wish I'd gone for it (pesky overdrafts), so fingers crossed Gaz you'll get your foot in the door ;) .

Congrats mate. Its a great feeling to be head hunted.

Good luck with it all.

i sent the email to my tutor and he said its because these past two years I've sorted myself out and worked hard and its shown in my proffesional attitude. He said that its a big thing but for them to contact me directly about it they must se alot of potential in me :D

If its a career your after and not just an excuse to see mates and watch (roobish) football, I would have to say go to Manchester. Obviously you dont have to listen to me but it would be daft not to!

"Hi Gareth

Best wishes

Elaine

Elaine Anderton

Forgive me if I have misunderstood this but the contents of the E-mail above are NOT offering you a job .................but inviting you to apply for a 12 month traineeship.(Quote: "Hope you are able to apply!")

This is often done by recruitment consultants to get a shortlist of potential employees................You still have to get through the selection process.

If you apply for it I hope that you are succesfull in obtaining a years traineeship and that it leads on to full time employment for you. :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I was thinking.... :huh:

I wouldn't get too excited just yet mate. It's just like applying for your fav job and getting a call for the interview. You've still to get the job.

You seem VERY excited and tbh, you could just be setting yourself up for a big kick in the teeth? Remember, there will be others offered/applying for the same position.

Calm down, chill... and good luck all the same.

also applied for a trainee Technicial operators job at Meridian, the next step up the the traineeship, so will see what comes of them two

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links