Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Leak Means Fuel Tank Has To Come Out?

sweatyfox

My MR2 Turbo has a water leak, its leaking from a brass pipe which is clamped to the bulkhead in the engine bay, this is located in a very akward place on the bulkhead and above and behind the fuel tank, it does look to be a nightmare of a job to replace.

The garage that has my car is quoting about 7 hours to replace this, as the fuel tank has to come out, but before removing the fuel tank there a pile of cables/pipes underneath it which have to be removed first.

Does this sound about right? Or do you think the garage is trying a fast one?

Is this leak a common problem?

Guest MrMojo

Oh yes..........

Deffo sounds like the pipes from hell to me.....

Pretty common problem i do believe,, you should check IMOC cos i'm sure there is an alternative repair for this.

HTH

Mo.

As mojo penny sweet said.. the pipes from hell are a pain in the ***** for that very reason.

I believe that you can actually bypass the original route which means you dont have to take the tank etc out in order to fix it.

Have a search on IMOC for hoses/pipes from hell and im sure it should be able to help ya.. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links