Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wooooooohooooooo

Karma Supra

newturbos.jpg

two brand spanking new Toyota CT-12 turbos :D with uprated wastegates.. aparently good for 450ish bhp!! :woohoo

all shiney and new... like a virgin oooooohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhh *koff*

nice one karma I bet you cant wait to get those on and get her back running again... make sure to do the tubes up properly this time :P

bet thats been killing you not drivin it mate.

good to know you got your tubbys. well done matey!

hey Karma mate.. may i ask how much those cost?

also are they for a 1JZ-GTE engine?

nice. its just sad they dont stop looking like that. :blink:

hey Karma mate.. may i ask how much those cost?

also are they for a 1JZ-GTE engine?

nope!!!

The 1JZ ones are CT-12A these are CT-12.... difference being these have slightly smaller ports and metal inrernals as opposed the the CT-12a's ceramic ones. the two are not interchangable as I was looking at fitting 1JZ turbos to my car as they are more common for parts....

Toyota charge a grand per turbo. :blink:

All I need now is the gaskets for turbos/manifold/downpipes.... they are taking a LONG time to get here and TRAX is looming up FAST.

was meant to have it running by now then go to my tuner and get my nitrous fitted properly, and the boost/fuelling sorted for a few more ponies.... now I'm just trying to get it working on time..... need those gaskets! GGGGGRRRRR

they do fit, the fitment is the same. ct12a are from the US spec supra. they have a slightly quicker spooling up time. im taking it you got jap spec motor in that case you have the ct12. with the metal fins.

they do both fit. it depends on where the car came from though to find out what is factory standard.

same as the ct9a and the ct9b

one has 8 fins one has 9. but they both fit the 4e-fte likewise (they'll also fit a supra if you want monster fast spooling up :thumbsup: )

sorry mate but they don't, I just looked into it. CT-12a in 1JZ fitment will NOT fit the manifold off a Ct-12

1G-GTE. neither are the manifolds swappable.

the units look different, have different port diameters and different flange (snigger) patterns

that I know for a fact, I had 2 soarer that run CT-12a's and now a supra that runs CT-12s. Sorry to contradict you !

as for where they are sold.... I beleive the ceramic internals are JDM only...where as the US/UK domestic markets were metal, either way they never sold the the 1G-GTE over here, and I doubt they did in the US either! plus your talking mk4s and I know a bit about them but they are not my territory!!!

your right, i was getting my engine names mixed up.

everything i said up there applied to a mk 4 supra.

lol. i must read posts more clearly before posting. lol

back off the class and detention for all those who laughed at the word 'flange'!

:lol:

:(

:thumbsup:

you can buy flanges on eBay.

all sorts of shaped flanges, flanges for every possible boost need.

but as karmasupra found out you need to tighten all your piping or youll blow your turbos.

(any more crude lines you can think of?)

i wasnt rubbing it in, i was trying to carry on the crudness from the previous post. obviously it didnt work. :lol:

Sod.

That was an interesting debate....

i wasnt rubbing it in, i was trying to carry on the crudness from the previous post. obviously it didnt work. 

ahhhhhhhh now i see!

nope just my brain on the blink!

:thumbsup:

Sod.

That was an interesting debate....

id have carried on if he was talking about the mk4s i keep forgetting hes got a mk3. weve had some great debates about it, best one being the blow of valves. weeks that went on for, lol

your an argumentative git aren't ya :P

he he was on toymods forum and I'm not the only one thats had atmospheric BOV problems on a 1G (its such a WEIRD one) lol

apparently its because it runs an AFM as opposed to a more modern MAF... ecu just goes barmy with it lol so its not just a oddidy on my car!!!!

am currently lookign at ways of plumbing ina decent recirculating DV. want my new turbos to have full prettection from day 1!!!

was waiting for you to say I was wrong then post this lol...

apparently its because it runs an AFM as opposed to a more modern MAF... ecu just goes barmy with it lol so its not just a oddidy on my car!!!!

Woohh their... way over my head, but i'll have to dig your brains about turbos in a year or two when i decide i can afford a couple on my engine :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links