Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo - Rear Window Rattle Driving Me Mad!

trotter

Just wondering if anyone here has come across a rattle in the rear window of an aygo?

On straight roads at 50 - 100 kmph the rear window in my aygo starts to rattle at a point where I havent figured out just yet. The boot is empty and it stops if someone in the back just puts their hand on the window.

Maybe some of the Toyota experts might help me out. Is it stupid to turn up at a Toyota garage and tell them theres a rattle in it?

I was hoping the days of rattles were over after getting rid of my Punto!

The rattle seems to be coming from the side of the window with the arm that holds it.. i.e. the left hand side if you were standing at the boot.

Its driving me crazy because it goes away for a day or two, I think its fixed, and it starts again.

Thanks!

You should definitely go back to your dealer if you're not happy about the rattle (which of course you won't be!). Its a pain if it's just intermittent as no doubt the minute you turn up at the dealership it will disappear then reappear as you're driving away! But I would definitely go and explain whats happenning. They might be able to stick some foam pads somewhere.

I too expected a rattle free existence after shifting from Ford to Toyota, but they're probably worse. Just ask most Yaris owners!

I had the rear window rattle in my Aygo. Took it into Toyota and they sorted it out. Apart from sticking some felt sticky pads to the window, I don't know what else they did, but it hasn't come back since.

I had the rear window rattle in my Aygo. Took it into Toyota and they sorted it out. Apart from sticking some felt sticky pads to the window, I don't know what else they did, but it hasn't come back since.

Great stuff.. at least I know I'm not alone. Was the rattle coming from the same side as the arm mechanism (left hand side if you stand at the boot).

Mine is booked in for next week and Im sure its going to make a liar out of me by not rattling on that day.

• 4 weeks later...

Trotter,

did you get your rattle sorted?

Just a quick thought if you haven't. I have found that under certain road conditions, and mainly with rear seat passengers, there is a distinct rattle coming from the rear. Having checked it out, I have discovered that the lower seat belt anchoring bolts actually rattle against the buckle. It sounded at first like it was the rear tailgate, but on closer checking the bolt / buckle seemed more of an obvious location. This was checked by getting the passenger to twist the buckle so that it was held tight against the bolt, and the annoying noise went.

Trotter,

did you get your rattle sorted?

Just a quick thought if you haven't. I have found that under certain road conditions, and mainly with rear seat passengers, there is a distinct rattle coming from the rear. Having checked it out, I have discovered that the lower seat belt anchoring bolts actually rattle against the buckle. It sounded at first like it was the rear tailgate, but on closer checking the bolt / buckle seemed more of an obvious location. This was checked by getting the passenger to twist the buckle so that it was held tight against the bolt, and the annoying noise went.

Thanks Cokeman! I'll check that out for sure. The rattle in mine stops if someone puts their hand on the back window and seems to be coming from the top of the window near the pressurised arm. I'll certainly have a look at those seat belts though!!

Oh and the latest update is.. I booked it in, went on the day and because the rattle wasnt happening there and then, the mechanic wouldnt even look at it!

• 1 month later...

Fixed!! :thumbsup:

Drove it in when it was rattling and the mechanic immediately spotted what was wrong. The part that holds the glass in place was slightly loose and so the window was rattling / moving in the clamp. He put a layer of rubber into the clamp which is securing the window now and no more rattles.

Trotter, peace at last then? No more having to turn your radio up now to drown out the rattle, and always nice to know that there was something there and you weren't going mad. :wacko:

Trotter, peace at last then? No more having to turn your radio up now to drown out the rattle, and always nice to know that there was something there and you weren't going mad. :wacko:

Peace at last :)

The mechanics must have thought I was a bit mad when I got out of the car with the senior mechanic and said seeee! I F :censor: IN told ya!!!!!!

Im happy now.. :thumbsup:

• 15 years later...
On 8/1/2007 at 10:58 AM, Cokeman said:

Thanks for this !  We have a Citroen c1 with the same issue and we took part the back and added a piece of rubber in and it’s quiet now. Thanks :-)

• Like 2

Thanks for reviving a subject that hadn't been posted in since 2007 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Thanks for reviving a subject that hadn't been posted in since 2007 😁

its my entire driving years length since passing in that year lol

• Haha 1

Lucky you. For me that was 1986.

After not passing the test 3 times or so.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links