Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

With Or Without?

Pompey Gaz

I love the new tinted windows but should i de-badge the back of the motor?

I think it would look good but am a bit unsure

will photoshop

IMG022.jpg

or

IMG022a.jpg

if i de Badge how is the best way to do it?

I advice to remove all badges, so your car will look more "clean" from an aesthetic point of view.

05.jpg

To remove all badges, heat every Badge with an hairdryer until the metal surface is lukewarm, then remove gently the plastic Badge, if necessary using dental floss also. Eventual glue residues can be easily removed with cotton-wool bathed with oil painting white spirit. Never and never use alcohol, because it could irreversibly harm the paint! Obviously it is better if first to start the badges removing operation you check from the inside of the rear door if badges are settled with two or more pins, and if the answer is yes, it is obviously better to leave all the badges where they are.

nofear.gif

Alberto.

what do you think of putting the corolla badge above/below the toyota badge in the middle?

I don't like the idea of putting the Badge "Corolla"in the centre of the rear door because no car ever used this solution... it is a bit inappropriate in my opinion...

:unsure:

Instead I advice to leave the back of your Corolla without any badges except for the holy and untouchable Toyota elliptic logo: no badges for the winner!

IMG022a.jpg

:thumbsup:

nofear.gif

Alberto.

brilliant alberto, i just thought it would be a bit different, but without it looks sweet

Hey Gaz, it will look much better de-badged :yes: . We always do it to our cars and it's not because we buy a 1litre hoping people think it's a 1.8!

There is no easy way to get the badges off, just patience and elbow grease, but floss is a definite winner!

Just finished de-badging our new aquisition... A V40 CDi top of the range with all extras. It looks the DBs without the badging :thumbsup:

i used the rain to help get the glue off, it does look good without, only the toyota emblem in the middle, now should I eBay the badges?

i used the rain to help get the glue off, it does look good without, only the toyota emblem in the middle, now should I eBay the badges?

Sincerely, if I were in you, I would keep all the badges at home, because the few money that you hypotetically could earn selling those items on eBay don't justify at all the possible annoyances of discussing with the eventual next owner of your car of the fact that you removed all the badges, instead he like the original appearance of the car and so he has to buy those expensive original items at the local Toyota dealer. If you keep all the badges at home, instead, if you understand that the eventual next owner of your car is particularly scrupulous, with the photos of the back of your car that you have yet, in no time you can reapply all the badges perfectly in the original positions, simply using some stripes of biadhesive tape.

:thumbsup:

nofear.gif

Alberto.

You mean to say you got them off without bending and damaging them??? :o

Sell them. You won't get that much but if you never want them back on it's better than them sitting in a drawer!

A lass?

Cars look way better De-Badged, one of the first mods I did to the MR2.

the lass in my personal picture :D she's cracking, lives other end of country though :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links