Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

I suggest anybody thinking of buying a VW Tiguan picks up the December copy of What Car.

They have driven a German 2.0 TDi and it makes interesting reading.

A few quotes:

"Tiguan takes the safe route"

"It's the kind of car you're meant to be drawn to to precisely because it's more exciting than the saloon or hatchback you currently own, yet excitement is one thing that's conspicuously absent"

"It's styling is - how can we put this? - conservative"

"It's impossible to criticise the way the Tiguan drives, but its equally difficult to get over-enthusiastic"

"We don't mean to damn it with faint praise - it's better than that - but it's not the kind of car to engender instant enthusiasm"

"Unexciting but thoroughly competent - four stars"

The link below just gives the facts and highlights.

What Car.

It's a VW so will sell by the truck load and London will be full of them soon....all driving to school with their mums inside......

What's the C02 ratings for this SUV.....

The 1.4 TSI is 199 g/km and the 2.0 TDI is 189 g/km

The 1.4 TSI is 199 g/km and the 2.0 TDI is 189 g/km

Ouch....my D4D is 195kg C02....

I believe the RAV 2.2 173C02 and T180 185 C02 are lower than those.....(apart from the 2.0 petrol 202 C02 )

So that puts the 2.0TDi one class higher than the 2.2D4D

Petrol car (TC48) and diesel car (TC49)

Band

CO2 emission (g/km)

12 months rate

6 months rate

A

Up to 100

Not applicable

Not applicable

B

101-120

£35.00

Not applicable

C

121-150

£115.00

£63.25

D

151-165

£140.00

£77.00

E

166-185

£165.00

£90.75

F

Over 185

£205.00

£112.75

G

Over 225 – for cars registered on or after 23/03/06

£300.00

£165.00

Car tax rates

Thanks for the info on the Tiguan very interesting. Must admit it is very much like the 4.2 from the side view. Looks like I.ll have to wait till mid 2008 for the model I would like( 2.0 TDI 170 Sport model)., then again I,ve just had a weekend back in the UK and the 180 performed impecably, an absolute dream on the M6 back up to Heysham!!!!

Clare

Thanks for the info on the Tiguan very interesting. Must admit it is very much like the 4.2 from the side view. Looks like I.ll have to wait till mid 2008 for the model I would like( 2.0 TDI 170 Sport model)., then again I,ve just had a weekend back in the UK and the 180 performed impecably, an absolute dream on the M6 back up to Heysham!!!!

Clare

Hope you had a good run on the M6 Clare, believe it's been a nightmare this last week :wacko:

OMG :eek: :eek: WTF why O why...

This has to be the ugliest, stupidest, most wasted amount of money ever spent on a vehicle.....O and it hit all the branches of the ugly tree on it's way down...and shot past the ugly Hond@ CeRVix pushing it out the way....just!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

07sema_phantomhummer-0.jpg

See Rest of the HORROR Story Here :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: I'm just off to be sick..........

why why why why why why

That is one ugly mutha ....., obviously the yanks will love it :cowboy::cowboy:

No no no ...this is by far the ugliest car on the plant....

main.JPG

Ssangyong Radius :sick::sick:

I think you have got the winner there Bob!

But the Pontiac Aztec might run it a close second.

23817DFCEB6C29EBC11565134482D.jpg

Let's hope they never bring it to this country.

That Radius looks like a block of flats!!!The designer must have had a really bad night before he put pen to paper for that one

Clare

YNWA

That Radius looks like a block of flats!!!The designer must have had a really bad night before he put pen to paper for that one

Clare

YNWA

Hi Clare, YNWA ?

Yep been there got the t shirt!!!! European nights are always the best, especially Istanbul 25 May 2005

Clare

YNWA

Yep been there got the t shirt!!!! European nights are always the best, especially Istanbul 25 May 2005

Clare

YNWA

Now that must have been something special....dead jealous.

Hopefully take my lad to game or two when he's older.....probably in the new stadium.

Aye. An wha wis winner o the European Cup afore maist o ye had even thought o buying a RAV4???

Me an ma '94 live on in awe

Translation in to Manx Gaelic please!!!!!

Clare

YNWA

Clare

YNWA

I think he's been thumbing though his history books again........looking for past glory :lol:

Clare

YNWA

I think he's been thumbing though his history books again........looking for past glory :lol:

Hmm, think he may be referring to a certain glasgow team who play in green and white hoops.

In 1967 they won the european cup in Lisbon and were the first british team to do so. ;)

Clare

YNWA

By the way hen, wha' won the European Championships afore (before) you or your RAV was born??? (CELTIC)

The only time I nearly went to Isle of man was by hovercraft but thankfully it was cancelled. The nice gent (family friend) got done for molesting kids some years later. SO I'm sorry not to have managed to I of M to see if they speak English or unnerstan Scots.

Clare

YNWA

By the way hen, wha' won the European Championships afore (before) you or your RAV was born??? (CELTIC)

The only time I nearly went to Isle of man was by hovercraft but thankfully it was cancelled. The nice gent (family friend) got done for molesting kids some years later. SO I'm sorry not to have managed to I of M to see if they speak English or unnerstan Scots.

Iggerant showwer o ........... if ye kept up wi yer subscription tae the Sunday Post ye'd ken that!

Och aye - an wha' wis it that jist celebrated 21 years in charge o Englands biggest most successful fitba team??? A Scot?- nae surely not!

An whilst oan the subject, hoo come its the Bank o England whit set the high interest charges??

Campaign fur Bank o Scotland tae takeover....! :yes:

Clare

YNWA

Dinna need tae thumb thru books cos -

1. I cannae read books as they are all written in english

2. Don't need to look for past glory - Its a' aroon us - in footie, Scots managers abound.

3. Ma wee cusin at Celtic is oan the way fur anither guid run in the Champions League, despite haeing tae travel wi British Airways. )Gordon Strachan

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links