Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Boost Gauge?

GnzYza

Hi all,

I want to replace the standard boost gauge on my rev3 turbo, and mount the new one in dash (Same place)

A few q's regarding this,

Do i buy a mechanical or electronic boost gauge.

If mech do i use the existing hose from the standard gauge, and is the standard one mechanical- i presuming it is.

And finally any recommendations on what guage to go for E.g best fit, look, and performance, etc...

im getting my car fully serviced and then gana put it on a dyno to get it tweaked, so must replace the vague stock gauge.

all help appreciated guys.

Hi all,

I want to replace the standard boost gauge on my rev3 turbo, and mount the new one in dash (Same place)

A few q's regarding this,

Do i buy a mechanical or electronic boost gauge.

If mech do i use the existing hose from the standard gauge, and is the standard one mechanical- i presuming it is.

And finally any recommendations on what guage to go for E.g best fit, look, and performance, etc...

im getting my car fully serviced and then gana put it on a dyno to get it tweaked, so must replace the vague stock gauge.

all help appreciated guys.

Speak to Jimlad, I think he had a good aftermarket one on his Tubby.

omori (sp) used to do a lovley small mechanical one which was just slighty bigger than the stock one in the dash. They stopped making it a while ago sadly and are rare to find now.

Dont think anyone makes one that small now.. you will be hard pressed to find one as i was unable to 3 years ago unless things have changed since then.

omori (sp) used to do a lovley small mechanical one which was just slighty bigger than the stock one in the dash. They stopped making it a while ago sadly and are rare to find now.

Dont think anyone makes one that small now.. you will be hard pressed to find one as i was unable to 3 years ago unless things have changed since then.

Thanks for the reply,

Am i looking for a 43mm type, mechanical.

I seen one go on eBay the other day, but i just got my mr2- my first one so didn't think to snap it up.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Omori-Boost-Gauge-45...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that the one??

Omori mate... that's what I had in the car. Yes the backlight is green, but tbh it's not that big of a deal. You could probably change it if you really wanted to.

Also, you should be able to use the existing hose. I don't see why not.

Omori mate... that's what I had in the car. Yes the backlight is green, but tbh it's not that big of a deal. You could probably change it if you really wanted to.

Also, you should be able to use the existing hose. I don't see why not.

I think thats the one i'll go for, looks like good quality aswell.

will either a 43mm or 45mm work in a in dash install?

Cheers mate

TBH it's a few years since I had the mr2, so I can't really remember!!

no worries buddy i'll look into it, but thanks for the info so far.

i think there's a how to somewhere.

will update with my attempt to fit on- :unsure:

Guest MrMojo

Jimlad..

i reckon std guage is elec not mechanical so there is no tube but it's very very easy to run a vac hose up behind the clocks, done it on both mine.

Mo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links