Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lewis Hamilton, 1'st Grand Prix win

dave.m

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton, a BRILLIANT young british guy in a BRILLIANT british team, well done :thumbsup:

Dave.

Superb stuff. Well done Lewis !

I'm not really a fan of F1 ( went off it during it's 'dull' period a while back ). I still prefer MotoGP/Superbikes but I sat and watched this afternoons offering and thoroughly enjoyed it. Excitement, incident and a worthy winner !

A rookie showing all the other's how to race and also out shinning his team mate....Alonso also nearly crashed into him on the first bend.....

Silverstone will be packed to the fence posts this year all eager to see him....

Kubica has a broken leg and is a credit to safety of these cars....what a crash he had as well :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

F1 is exciting again....

He's putting Button & Coulthard to shame....

His first F1 season & leading the championship :thumbsup:

J

Just been talking about Lewis with the guys in the office....

What an awesome guy - and only 22 years of age and putting the other older and more experienced British drivers to shame :thumbsup:

Amazing driver, amazing car - nuff said really - keep it up Lewis!! :toast:

Group buy for the F1 at Silverstone anyone? :D

I'm probably what in football is known as an armchair supporter in that I'm not a complete F1 nut but I like to watch it when it's on & I was absolutely made up when he won yesterday. Horrible conditions to do it in so it's an absolute credit to him that he came through it all

A brilliant talent and one with a lot less ego than some other British drivers of late I could mention :yes::toast:

As for Kubica, he hasn't broken his leg and is seeing if he can go to Indy. :thumbsup:

I found this in a News article:

Poland's Kubica said he had not yet decided if he wanted to watch replays of the crash.

"I saw it when I was in the car," he said with a slight smile.

:lol:

Apparently Alonso also said that it's his football and if he can't win he's taking it home .

I've always hated team politics and orders - certainly one of the minus points of F1. Now Alonso realises he has to win ' on merit' he's not too happy !

poor little lamb

aye.. saw that on BBC this morning... he looks just as determined back then as he does now with his dad by his side.

Even then he was considered an aggressive driver.. :toast:

Lewis wins again.........SUPERB RACE............. Showed up Alonso all race.... :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

If I could get tickets to the British Grand Prix I would go.....

Ralf taking out Coulthard on the first corner as well grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:toast: yeah well done lewis :toast:

however alonso does not look very happy does he :unsure::blink:

BBC News just summed it up perfectly....

"They're no longer team-mates, they're rivals"

But oh golly gosh this young man keeps getting better and better - rock on Lewis!

What a nice win.... he did this one totally on ability :clap:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Lewis makes it 2 in 2, what a brilliant race :thumbsup: well done.

Dave.

ps who the hell is Kimi Raikenen anyway (Mr Personality........not)

Topics merged dave.m :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Dave, forgot this thread was still as high up. :thumbsup: usually spend most time in the Rav forum.

Anyway if this young guy does not win BBC sports personality of the year I think we should bombard them with E mails.

And while were at it, maybe we could persuade them to get F1 back to the beeb and get rid of the adverts.

Dave.

PS Kev, thought your Maddie avatar etc very touching. Was in Glasgow today and a lot of cars have the poster on them,

god willing she will turn up soon.

Ralf taking out Coulthard on the first corner as well grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well that's 3 crashes in 3 indy appearances for Ralf. I think everyone in the sport would be happier if he just didn't bother turning up to the Indy race next year.

Well done to Lewis, it was another fine drive and it's great to finally see someone winning who isn't completely void of emotion and Charisma :thumbsup:

I'm quite enjoying watching Alonso after each race these days, as has already been said, he's only now realising that just because he is the current world champion, it doesn't mean that the team are going to roll over and hand him the win. He actually has to fight for it now and unfortunately for him, he's up against a big talent who inspite of his age, is very experienced at motor racing.

Keep up the good work fella :toast:

• 3 weeks later...

No British grand prix win for Lewis :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

But hey, 9 podiums in his first 9 races, this surely is some sort of record. This guy is allready a legend. :toast::toast:

Now, who's for badgering Bernie Ecclestone to get a commitment to keeping the British grand prix at Silverstone ?

Maybe some sort of E mail campaign.

Then who's for badgering Toyota Motorsport to get rid Ralph ? What a useless git :thumbsup:

Dave.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links