Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ralf. Is It Time To Say Goodbye?

Fujisan

I admit it. I have never liked Ralf. I didn't even like Michael when he was driving but at least he got the job done.

Ralf just looks like he is cruising around, counting his money, thinking of life after racing.

Surely it is time for Toyota F1 to show him the door and get a young hungry driver in to pedal their car. BMW did it when they dumped Villenueve halfway through the season and it hasn't done them any harm.

There must be dozens of young drivers in GP2, Indycar, A1GP etc., who would kill to get behind the wheel of an F1 car, even for half a season and show the world just what they can do.

A young hotshoe in the team might even light a fire under Jarno, all of which is good for the team.

Happy driving :thumbsup:

I agree !

It must be so frustrating waiting in the wings for a break in F1 - especially when the people with the rides are just going through the motions.

Glad I'm not the only one who will be happy to see the back of him :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my oh my :o

A surprisingly quick qualifying from our boy Ralf yesterday :huh:

I wonder what made him get his finger out ? :angry:

Couldn't be anything to do with talk of him joining Toro Rosso FERRARI next year could it? :censor:

Nice of big brother to find the kid a drive. :ffs:

Happy driving :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually like Ralf, i think when he tries he is quite good. Unfortunately he is lazy and doesn't try enough. I agree, I think Toyota need some fresh blood to exploit a decent car and a car that is getting better and qualifies well! Its defo challenging a top ten finish every week now which is great considering how competitive things are!

Unfortunately he is lazy and doesn't try enough.

I think you hit the nail on the head there :bash:

Poor old Ralf can do it when he tries, trouble is he usually only tries at contract negotiation time! :disgust:

I used to like Ralf because he was competitive and fast, but not anymore now. Right now, i think he just care the salary and drive very safe to finish each race he can. I hope Toyota F1 will not waste any more time and money on him because he is Michael's brother.

I've never been a Ralf fan. When he came into F1 everyone was saying how he'd been faster than Michael in junior forms of motor-racing. However, up with the big boys he's just never done it consistently, just the odd flashes of promise. What that says to me, as others have also said above, is that he's just not got the drive/motivation to really push race in, race out - which is a travesty when you think how many promising young drivers are out there desperate for an F1 drive.

It's amazing what a $13 million contract in your back pocket / Swiss bank does to your powers of drive and motivation.

Quote from the BBC website about qualifying yesterday in Turkey

1222: The track temperature is now a stifling 52C. A very downcast Ralf Schumacher is not happy, at all, and gives a television interview where he complains about his car's handling

He must have a contract with a new team signed up already! :gunsmilie:

should have been dropped a long time a go, all he does in whine, and live off his brothers legacy, the guy needs a reality check, he is not that good an f1 driver compaired to the talent currently on the track and the gp2 hotshots climbing the ranks

Another cracking day for Ralf in Turkey finishing 12th :no: Just ahead of Button, who started dead last!

Interesting that the TV commentary mentioned Ralf had not been resigned by Mr T, and that Mr T was looking to sign Alonso if the McLaren spy case blow's up. Dream on!

It is good news if Toyota F1 sign Alonso. Also I have read Ralf's brother official website. Michael said Ralf will have a seat in 2008 for sure. Not sure which team will sign him :rolleyes:

It is good news if Toyota F1 sign Alonso. Also I have read Ralf's brother official website. Michael said Ralf will have a seat in 2008 for sure. Not sure which team will sign him :rolleyes:

Let's hope it's just a seat at his local JOB CENTRE

Let's hope it's just a seat at his local JOB CENTRE

He could drive the Toyota Team Truck....that's about as fast as he goes anyway...

"The Car In Front Is A Toyota" but not driven by Ralf :P :P :P :P

He could drive the Toyota Team Truck....that's about as fast as he goes anyway...

Nice one Chatman! :lol::lol::lol:

Trouble is I don't think he'd could with back to back Grand Prix's! :oops:

Nice one Chatman! :lol::lol::lol:

Trouble is I don't think he'd could with back to back Grand Prix's! :oops:

Latest News on Ralf's job......

Clicky

Spyker sold as well..............

Latest News on Ralf's job......

Clicky

Spyker sold as well..............

Well, that's positive news :thumbsup: .......maybe they listened to the good folk here at TOC :lol:

Update.........

Ralf could get a job at the Toyota Factory and give this robot a rest.....

Clicky

:driving::robot: :robot:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links