Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moderaterness

Hou

Just wanting a valid readon for the thanks thread to be closed. Surely being the creator of the thread I should be allowed and explination

Still feel this place is a tad over moderated at times when people are having fun, getting on and even the management joining in for it to be closed for the use of the word ness!

I know lets go back to TOC as it used to be, we'll all stay quiet! :angry:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Hou

• Norfolk n Chance

• JappyBeast

Guest MrMojo

Can't agree more Hou,

Some things do amaze me,

you'd think it's a place to have a laugh n bit of fun banter, sometimes it feels like your mouth gets taped up mid sentence, for what ever reason it may be,

i really thought the over-moddin had stopped here n it was begining to be a nice place again.............

How Wrong can you be,, i've noticed it creeping back recently.....

Mo.

Understand you're miffed hun.... but surely you are better off PM'ing Andy to ask him about this?

I wouldnt say we over-moderate. We try and make a balance of fun and seriousness.... I dont think we do too badly on this myself. As a team we're quite fun-loving and liberal ;)

Lets not have another "slate the mods" thread! We try to do our best and if people have problems they can always contact a mod via PM for an explanation :thumbsup:

Well im not :censor: laughing!

Why pm then have to explain to each person why when they are asking me!

Not trying to slate any mods and understand how hard it is to get the balance but that thread was fun, pulling people together and everyone was having a great time talking about how good it was since getting back fun and there were plenty more ness jokes!

i don't think the mods have been too bad ehre, alot of the gayness would have got goned on other boards. I think Hou and Jappy should discuss what happened, after all we are all adults and can act like that without attacking people?

The mods havent been bad at all, and I mean that its been great while we have been having fun but peoples posts changing and then this sorta has made me question it all again

Well im not :censor: laughing!

Why pm then have to explain to each person why when they are asking me!

Not trying to slate any mods and understand how hard it is to get the balance but that thread was fun, pulling people together and everyone was having a great time talking about how good it was since getting back fun and there were plenty more ness jokes!

TOC is still very much fun.... its not turned off all of a sudden because someone forgot to put 50p in the fun-o-meter.... :thumbsup:

I think a quick PM convo with Andy would be better than yet another public mod bashing.... :yes:

The mods havent been bad at all, and I mean that its been great while we have been having fun but peoples posts changing and then this sorta has made me question it all again

By the by.... Steve was trying to be lighthearted with the post he changed and he has sinced apologised for changing it... :thumbsup:

I think a quick PM convo with Andy would be better than yet another public mod bashing.... :yes:

In your opinion yes, in mine (this isnt a mod bashing) its a different matter, its been questioned by 3 people why it has closed already and id have PM'd then have to tell them all, at least this will clean up any confusion

Not said the fun has gone, far from it just things like this knock you back and makes you just stand away for a moment and look things over!

This forum takes a very relaxed view on moderation.

If this was any other forum, threads like the 'Exhaust Cleaning' thread would have all the irrelivant '!Removed!/homo' jokes taken out of it and it would be only 1 page long.

The locked thread just turned into a 'ness' thread so I got the last one in!

Applogies for any ill feelings generated in the process.

Can I just give you guys a lollipop each and tell you to make up or I'm going to tell your Mums?

Theres obviously not a lot I can say, I am but just a humble moderator and dont know jack.... I'm just trying to keep the peace and mediate a bit! :unsure:

Thanks and closedness was good but a ness thread is just like a word association thread or alphabets, its a good laugh, got a nice picture of lochness in the process!

its not as much fun as the word association thread tho as there is too much randomness. And no directioness.

It would be just like starting an 'age' thread with lots of postage in the threadage...

Age threadage would be cracking too, randomness is always fun, why not just create a randomnessage thread or even a sub forum for people to be totally stupid, the muppet forum say, and then if people dont wanna see that then they can avoid it

Age threadage would be cracking too, randomness is always fun, why not just create a randomnessage thread or even a sub forum for people to be totally stupid, the muppet forum say, and then if people dont wanna see that then they can avoid it

I would be worried that Gaz would take advantage of such a place and gain 500 posts in one night.

i abuse many things but i wouldn't invade the muppets space, Animal would beat my ***** like the drums!

Yippeee! somebody complaining and it wasn't about me :yahoo:

Love you all really (except Gaz because I know that would upset Hou :P )

:lol:

What have i missed? :bye:

Was it me? i need to calm down on my modding... :lol:

I really should start reading more threads... i always seem to miss the interesting ones.. lol

I just want to mention that I think the forums are great, full of friendly banter and lovely TOCcers. I have had so much helpful advice from people like Les and other people over on the Roadster forum :thumbsup: . But I have noticed lately that each thread does get hijacked no matter what the subject, and it ends up turning into another case of random posting. TBH that is why I haven't posted on here for a while as you can go on one evening and feel a little left out with all the testosterone flying about!

Perhaps we should have the General Discussions divided even further as the Hobby Discussions have worked well, I use them quite often and they seem to be more informative. I know a lot of clubs have a Chit Chat & Gossip section, I hope this doesn't divide us up too much because it is nice to see familar faces, maybe it might encourage a few new faces too!

I wasn't happy about my post being modded, it could be funny if the original was left and the edited version as an addition, but apologies have been given and accepted so end of. :thumbsup:

Love to you all :D

I just want to mention that I think the forums are great, full of friendly banter and lovely TOCcers. I have had so much helpful advice from people like Les and other people over on the Roadster forum :thumbsup: . But I have noticed lately that each thread does get hijacked no matter what the subject, and it ends up turning into another case of random posting. TBH that is why I haven't posted on here for a while as you can go on one evening and feel a little left out with all the testosterone flying about!

You are right and as you can see even a more serious one like this gets taken over, ill say sorry now as Im one of the ones that do it!

Shame on you Hou

As I was relativly new (time wise) i got confused by the warmth and Hou's egging on and posted irrelevancy

Sorry Amy

No-one minds general happy banter.... I do think its important however to keep a post on topic and relevant - if thats includes having a laugh then so be it :thumbsup:

I dont think dividing the forums up more is the answer as then the forums become more sparce as a whole, but us mods arent monsters, we love that the forums are busy and fun again - its grrrrrreat!

Just dont annoy us or we'll eat ya! :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links