Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blitz Dsbc Still Cant Hold 1.1bar

jeffry-

My car would be perfect if it didn't have this problem still , wish i knew what was causing it... Even put washers to pull the actuator rod some more and still no change. Hits 1.1 tails off to 1bar every damn time about 4000rpm, i have tightened my intercooler clamps up alot more made sure no leaks on the intercooler side and nothing.

Currently running at 40GAIN / 61 RATIO

60 on each channel

CT20B , checked for any damage and none found

Posted the same on imoc , just need more thoughts from other people

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=631947#631947

Reduced the gain to about 10 and left the ratio and it barely made 1bar , turned up the ratio and it hit 1.1 and only slowly went down to 1bar much slower than before.

But the car felt really laggy and not so quick felt like i was thrashing a n/a turned up the gain and the car was alot more responsive but then it'd start overboosting beyond 1.1.

Seems i cant win , i really need a gain of atleast 35 for really quick response otherwise it feels laggy but high ratio without overboosting [d'oh!]

I've not read anything on that other link....

But.... the actuator could be soft due to age! The one I had on my mr2 done something similar and the folks at dastek said the actuator had gone soft due to age and the amount of heat it has to put up with.

I bought an uprated Forge one as a replacement.

Thanks for the reply jimlad , nice car btw..

Here is an update ( posted on imoc )

I took the boost/vacuum pipe off the turbo and basically left it free boosting ie nothing going to the actuator.. I took the car out and this is really strange

2nd gear it hit 1bar

3rd and 4th it hit 1bar then jumped to 0.9 then back upto 1bar again

5th gear 1.05bar then dropped to 1bar very quickly

Turned the car around and did the other way on the motorway

2nd gear - 3rd gear 1bar , 4th gear 1.1 then dropped quickly to 0.9

5th gear it hit a peak of 1.15 bar then dropped to 1bar

So much for free boosting , what the hell?... Guess it wasn't the boost controller after all. :D

make sure the wastegate flap isnt stuck slightly open (i has been known to seize up)

block off the boost VSV (the pipe that goes to the back of the engine) then get a pump with a guage and disconect the pipe that goes from the turbo to actuator at the turbo, apply pressure and wastch to see if the actuator rod moves and note the pressure.

make sure the wastegate flap isnt stuck slightly open (i has been known to seize up)

If this is the case , would i need a new turbo?

thanks for the replies

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links