Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Mk 3 - Coolant Problem

moe shzlack

Bought a MR2 mark 3 recently (2005 model) and I noticed when its cold I have no water coolant in my wee tank. I went to the garage yesterday and they topped it up before I drove off I checked my level again and it was still low to non-exisistant. I asked for the mechanic to check it again so he came out and unscrewed the lid and the supply filled up to max again.

I checked this morning and there was no fluid I looked on the drive and no water on the floor.

Is there a leak or does this need to be opened everytime to see the level of supply? What would be the signs?

The manual says you should see the level when the engine is cold. :wacko:

Your 'wee tank' is the filler cap to a system which holds 13 litres of coolant. The levels are regulated by coolant moving to and from the expansion tank by the cycle of heating/cooling of the engine during normal usage. How much is in the expansion tank? It is difficult to gauge sometimes but the rubber hose which goes down the neck will be wet part of the way down giving a fair indication.

Follow this link for a full description of the system.

http://www.mr2-tech.com/bgb/mechanical/vol...ling_system.htm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links