Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Miss Air Conditioning?

Carl Buddery

Hello All,

I'm currently searching for my first MR2 and would like a little advice...

I've seen a car locally that meets all of my requirements (T-Bar, leather seats, all electrics, low mileage, alloys, red, very good condition) except that it doesn't have air-conditioning. My question is does this really matter when you can take the roof panels off on warm/hot days?

Thanks in advance.

Carl

My question is does this really matter when you can take the roof panels off on warm/hot days?

Not in the slightest. IMHO air con in a T-Bar is just extra weight to carry, and the T-Bar has enough of that as it is. I would miss it in a tin-top though.

I assume it's a UK car? IIRC they didn't have air-con on the T-Bars whereas many of the imports did. I'm sure someone will correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Good luck with the purchase; Low mileage Red T-Bars FTW!

I have aircon but needs regassing,

Simple, if its sunny, take out the T-Bar glass!!!

with a tin top, im going to say yeh. mine isnt gassed at the moment, or even behaving remtly any were near like it should.

If i can tag a question on to this though? The ac unit, there are 2 options, 1 if Econ and the other is aircon? its one or the other in my car, or non at all?

whats it all mean lol!

I have a MkIII Roadster and this has the full soft top but I still wish it had aircon (even with todays cr@p weather). When the sun does eventually come out in summer it still gets bloody warm round the trossacks and a bit of cool air would be a welcome relief WHEN it warms up. ;)

Les

I go with Les as a Roadster owner and T600, when it was really hot last year I wished I'd got AC, but overall I don't miss it. Our other car has heated seats & AC so I'm spoilt really. The 2 is for fun, and the extra weight was an issue when I was buying it, so I decided against it.

And not just for warm weather either.....

If you get really misted up windows on those rainy days where its hard to see anyway.....

whack the blowers on cold with aircon switched on and those misted windows go clear very very quickly......

You have to put the T-Bar blinds in also to get the full effect of aircon in a t-bar.

Like peeps have said.. if it gets hot.. I take the roof out :P

honestly tho... Id go for half leather or cloth seats tho... as leather dont half get hot/sticky :P

Like peeps have said.. if it gets hot.. I take the roof out :P

honestly tho... Id go for half leather or cloth seats tho... as leather dont half get hot/sticky :P

and scorches your back... OUCH! That's why I went for fabric!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links