Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quick Question

Pompey Gaz

:help: can you drink while on Penicillin? I found a website by a doctor saying you can and people saying they have but what do you lot think?? :wacko::help:

You can....you just won't get better very quickly. It lessens the effectiveness and weakens your bodies own ability to fight illness or infection.

If you can live with that, then crack open a tinny! :thumbsup:

Depends on how big the box is.. if it is a small box of Penicillin then there is more chance of you falling off and hurting yourself.

NO.. your not supposed to drink while on Penicillin. Alcohol will decrease the effectiveness of the penicillin and will decrease the immune response by the body.

I believe they are right in saying you shouldnt drink however if you do (and I'm thinking be reasonable about this) then you can drink - it just makes the medicine less effective :thumbsup:

Just found this..........

When I was a young doctor, I found that whenever I prescribed antibiotics for someone, they always said to me, "Doctor, I can't have a drink "while I'm on these, can I?" It wasn't something they'd taught me in medical school. I had a good look in the books - couldn't find anything about it there. So I wondered, "Where does this story come from?" Well, the myth began at what used to be called the VD clinics - what are now known as the sexual health centres. The first true antibiotic was penicillin. It proved remarkably effective in curing some very nasty ailments. The problem was it didn't stop people having a few drinks and having more fun. If they took alcohol while on penicillin, they might get frisky and pass on the disease before the penicillin could clear it up. So it's nothing to do with a real interaction between penicillin and alcohol? Correct, Nothing to do with the pharmacology, no. It was a moral agenda to keep people under control.

so is best not to? or have a few but?

Depends how bad you feel! If you're not tooooooo bad I'd say you can go ahead n have a few. If on the other hand you're still in agony ?????? :blink:

I would say to be sensible.. don't get totally rat ar*d.. just drink moderately, you DON'T need to drink to enjoy JAE.. you'll have a great time anyway. :thumbsup:

so is best not to? or have a few but?

Depends how bad you feel! If you're not tooooooo bad I'd say you can go ahead n have a few. If on the other hand you're still in agony ?????? :blink:

yeah take it easy :) i'll take it how i feel in the morning :)

I would say to be sensible.. don't get totally rat ar*d.. just drink moderately, you DON'T need to drink to enjoy JAE.. you'll have a great time anyway. :thumbsup:

What i was thinking, maybe take a glass and get a few bottles of lemonade and drink shandies haha

Iv drank on antibiotics and iv been fine
Matt you've never been fine!!

and that just explains everything to me haha!!!

Mo.

LOL

When I had glangele (sp) fever I was off work for weeks and weeks and I was on antibiotics etc. I was told not to drink at all. They said it would bugger my liver or something??

Anyway... I was out about 3 times a week on the razz. It was funny as I was signed off work for weeks and kept seeing my work chums out on the pees!! My argument was the alchohol made it feel better!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links