Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ha Ha, I'm Such A Chicken!

JappyBeast

My wisdom tooth needs pulling out, booked in for a appointment, sat in the waiting room for 15 mins..... got asked to come into the surgery... sat on the seat...

STOP STOP!!

Couldnt go through with it!!.. proper backed out.

So now I have been refered to Chesterfield hospital for a general anesthetic... ha ha.

I'm so scard of the dentist.. I nearly passed out.

I woman dentist was a bit mad with me.

dont worry about it mate.

i had my top two out at my local dentist - nearly ripped the arm's off the damn chair.

booked into hospital to get the bottom 2 taken out - not nice.

J

If you had have actually passed out they could have removed them while you were out cold, shame really. I think I've been quite lucky, I've had wisdom teeth coming through for ages & I haven't had any discomfort, they have stopped me from closing my front teeth together properly though which makes eating thin things like cucumber a pain in the rear end but it could be a lot worse

Very shortly I have to go in for some root canal work.. I'm really looking forward to that :(

I've had root treatment 3 times on one tooth (headbutt in derby andy! - remember).

It's not that bad getting the wisdom teeth out in hospital, but there's no way I'd let a normal dentist do it without getting knocked out.

Very shortly I have to go in for some root canal work.. I'm really looking forward to that :(

Honestly, it doesn't hurt. I had this done around two weeks ago and it really doesn't hurt. He put around five injections in the gum and cheek (Not full injections) and told me to wait five minutes for it to kick in. And then from there, the toothache stopped and he started work.

It took around twenty minutes for him to do the work and fill it in with a temporary filling. This friday I get the proper filling in, then it's job complete. :yahoo:

I just have a fear of the dentist, its my biggest fear. Only go when i have to and last time i went white as a sheet, legs give way and was shaking like a leaf!

I just have a fear of the dentist, its my biggest fear. Only go when i have to and last time i went white as a sheet, legs give way and was shaking like a leaf!

I had an infection under one of my back teeth once and the dentist injected the gum around it two or three times then sent me away for five minutes, when I came back in i told him it still hurt like hell and he gave me another two or three shots of anesthetic, away I goes again for five but it was still very painful and my face was swollen like a balloon, he told me because of the infection it sometimes cancels out the effect of the anesthetic so he would try injecting down the tooth (F**kin ouch!!)....Needless to say that didn't work either so I had to go back for a general, it's times like that I wish I was a masochist :rolleyes:

My next grand adventure is on the 9th of next month when, joy of joys I'm going to get my big toe nail ripped off under local anesthetic :eek::crybaby:

OOOOUUUCCHH!!! I hate the dentist and doctor. You have my sympathy Jappy because I have 3 wisdom teeth that have been there for 8 years and I still won't go to the dentist even though I know I should. General Anesthetic all the way mate :thumbsup:

Hate dentists.......really dont like 'em........erk lost a fillin and must go soon................................... :censor:

you big jessy Andy, the colour of your car is rubbing off on you :P

Get lost.

I don't mind dentists

I dont mind the drilling

I dont mind the scraping

I do mind the water to insist on splurging in my mouth while they're drilling and trying to fricking drown me! I can bear anything other than the water!

It helps when they have a fit assistant.

They hold your hand if you ask... am I going to the right place?

This is the woosiest thread ever. honestly.

Your tooth cant be causing you much pain, cause when it really causes you pain you will do anything to get it out. When you are suffering enough, your nerve is dying and when banging you head against the wall is not helping. The electric shocks almost make you faint and you are combining Co-coda mine and ibuprofen and they are of no help the dentist is your best pall.

Your lucky you have generally healthy teeth, when your teeth are so brittal that they snap and crack without warning, and you undergo root canal treatment while you have an inflamed gum while suffering from Sinusitis, thats it some sore S&*t right there.

A simple straight forward removal of a wisdom tooth, ha! Given the number that seem to agree with you then I wont start my dentist stories, but don't feel guilty taking up hospital time when there are people out there who actually have stuff wrong with them. Its your tax and your right :thumbsup:

Respect to Les, that is sore isn't it!

When I was young we lived in a lake........................................................................

When I was young we lived in a lake........................................................................

Eee lad, and you thought you had it rough.......every morning my dad used to...............................

:lol:

aww jappy lol sure you will be fine. Just close your eyes and pretend its a fit woman well if it is a woman lol

Last time i went was because of an abcess!

Which the dentist burst over his assistant!! :lol:

Used to hate going to the dentist as my old one was a sadist!

Can't understand a word of what my new one says but his assistant is stunning!

Goes by the name of "Kinky Kate"!! ;)

I've never looked forward to going to the dentist as much!!

i am PETRIFIED of the dentist... last i was there was to get a tooth out cause another was growing in... poor guy was so scared... i was in tears, shakin, white as a sheet.... and that was just the x-ray... was so much worse getting injections... petrified of needles too...

he was so concerned he made me stay for a bit after it was all done and make sure i was okay, and asked if i wanted a sick line for the day after off work...

always a fun day out! :wacko:

I've only had one removed. It didn't seem that bad. The worst of it was that he struggled to pull it out. My head nearly came of with it lol.

You know it might be a tad rough when he asks you to grip the arm rests as hard as you can then puts his knee on your chest for extra leverage :shutit:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links