Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Covers

John R

I'd stick with the standard Turbo lid - the aftermarket ones look s*it. What are your thoughts on a clear polycarbonate one - its a possible project in the revision 6 pipeline.

Matt :thumbsup:

The Bomex lids don't look too bad (sorry don't have a link available right now!)

About the clear cover...

I've seen a couple of 2's with them, they looked like perspex sheets, kinda crap...

i saw a green tubby in oxford early this morning with one of those engine lids (top one) it look absolute ****.

really don't bother will obscure your rear vision, looks ****, its as bad as scooby scoops on a nova.

Dunno if you guys have heard of Chris Graham's MR2, but it had the bomex engine lid and looked pretty sweet. His sites down now tho, so i can't provide a link. And like a muppet i didnt save ne pics :(

It was a silver / gold / pearl respray job, and i think it had bit of the widebody kit, z3 fins, 19" rims(?) can't rem exactly... :unsure:

Is it called 'Red Sun Rising' or something?

Big chrome rims?

If so, I've seen it... there's a pic of it on the low rise headlight topic.

Hrm, i don't recall Red Sun Rising...

It had enkei rim's rim's tho, cos i rem thinking how sweet (and expensive) they looked.

Edit:

I just remembered that it hah a nissan 300ZX headlight conversion (i.e. not popup nemore),

they did look nice but i LOVE the popup's on my 2 :yes:

Red Sun Rising is Geoff Gormer ..

Green and purple fip paint .. load of kit ..

I'm not a fan .. looks like he's just thrown money at it ..

Is it called 'Red Sun Rising' or something?

Big chrome rims?

If so, I've seen it... there's a pic of it on the low rise headlight topic.

Hrm, i don't recall Red Sun Rising...

It had enkei rim's rim's tho, cos i rem thinking how sweet (and expensive) they looked.

Edit:

I just remembered that it hah a nissan 300ZX headlight conversion (i.e. not popup nemore),

they did look nice but i LOVE the popup's on my 2 :yes:

B)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok peeps im gunna confuse u all..the guy on the low rise light page is a guy whos from lowton near leigh......hes got the orangy flip paint and stil has the pop ups i see him every monday at cheshire cruize..more tv's than u can shake a ****y stick at

Thats interesting..that company Cusi Innovations also do clear toblerones as well for the rev1/2. Im sure there were people on this board lookin for em. worth checkin out.

Thats interesting..that company Cusi Innovations also do clear toblerones as well for the rev1/2. Im sure there were people on this board lookin for em. worth checkin out.

Yep...Jimlad was looking, and others seemed interested too. Someone e-mail for prices to compare to mine :) They don't quite look the same as the genuine ones to me though??

Here's another clear lid ;)

clearlid.jpg

Anyone know where these side peice's can be had from??

duct2.jpg

Would look good on the other side...painted the same colour as the car obviously :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I'm in the process of making some side panels for either side the engine lid at the mo similar to the ones in the pic.

Yes i will be making moulds of them.

:thumbsup:

Russ

oooooooooooooooooh !!! Having a look now !

Kiwi... you got any more info on the clear toblerones yet mate ?? The ones on that site are alright.... but not too keen on them.

siderep.jpg

Kiwi... you got any more info on the clear toblerones yet mate ?? The ones on that site are alright.... but not too keen on them.

I e-mailed someone the other day for a part number but they never got back to me........I have JUST posted on another forum now as well.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links