Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weekend Break In The North Of England?

Fizz

Looking to take Mrs Fizz away for a weekend but no idea where to take her.

Kendle and Windermere springs to mind but dont know what other places i should be considering. Just looking for a quiet place with a nice place to eat and some scenary to look at.

Anyone suggest a nice place to stay for a weekend?

Has to be max 2/3 hour drive from Leeds.

Thanks in advance

Fizz :thumbsup:

My brother had his wedding here, stunning scenery and food etc but costs a bit.

Looks lovely but alas... £200 per night for the cheapest room is a bit on the expensive side as you said. lol

There is no special occasion, just want a relaxing weekend away. :)

1 night in a hotel say max £70...

Shame you couldnt make it to Cornwall with us! Just a tad over the mileage limit :rolleyes: . Hope you find somewhere nice though :thumbsup:

Get your self to whitby or a surrounding village Like Runswick Bay or Robin Hoods bay!!!!!

3 hour drive will take you to the Scottish Borders

A1 North to Newcastle then A696 to Jedburgh/Galashiels.. fantastic views, nice towns and Edinburgh just 29 miles away.

Say Hi to my mum for me if you go.

Don't listen to him Fizz !

( Jappy just wants you to drop of a bin-bag full of dirty washing at his mums for him ! )

It really depends what you want. As you know the great NorthEast has so many things to offer. There's countryside or coast for starters. Whitby is a superb place, but always busy especially at this time of year ( they do have a Steam Railway though, and the best Fish n' Chips on the planet ). Helmsley is just a small market town, but again a lovely place ( right at the other end of a 20 mile twistie that makes the Cat and Fiddle pass look a bit rubbish ! ). There's some lovely countryside around that area if that's what you're after. York if you like shopping ( although there's much more to the place than just shops )

OR, if you're just after escaping everything then go to CenterParks in the lake district - that's what everyone else does !

Id agree with Helmsley or Thirsk, they not far from me, and deffo somewhere to go to chill or have a lazy sunday drive and mooch aboot... really pretty scenery. :)

Would also agree with you on Windermere and other places around that part of the Lakes.. I have family there and love it! Cant beat the pencil factory in Keswick! :P

Cheers for the input bud... I aint too fussed about where the location is.. dont mind the coast of countryside.

Somone from another forum has mentioned Ambleside... Anyone knwo much about it?

ambleside is nice.. is jst like the whole of that area of the lakes, like I said.. peacefull, and lovely scenery.. id be happy there.lol

i have been there, and know theres something there of interest, but cant remember what...lol ill have a think and edit my post.lol (i dont think its the Beatrix Potter museum... :/ ) ill get back to you.lol

here - CLICKY

Fizz, Jo & I get out to the Lakes a fair bit as her family still live there. Kendal is fab, but there are other quieter places about. TBH, I'd drive there and get some B&B or other accomm info from a local tourist info office. I find that some of the unplanned breaks are the best - just drive around until you find something that suits your tastes etc... :thumbsup:

When I took breaks from work to chill, I'd always head out to Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia, North Wales. Fairy Glen is Awesome. Lots of good mountain biking (from flat scenic routes to extreme downhills) and walks/hiking in the area too :thumbsup:

Hey Garrick.. good to hear from ya. Been a while lad.

Thanks for the input but ideally i will need to book a place in advance. Taking Mrs Fizz who is going to be just over 7 and a half months pregnant all needs to be planned in advance.

I just want to find a place that wont chuck us out by 9 in the morning. Deffo looking towards Ableside.

Having a check on the hotels that still have some free spaces are bloomin expensive..

Might have to rethink this out.. lol

Maybe a weekend in York is in order. :P

Nunnykirk or Windermere - pop over n see me , even give me a hand washing the caravan. :lol:

You wish boyo!... :lol:

Actually just a thought... She has told me in the past she used to get taken over to the humberbridge as a kid and loved it out there.

Was thinking that another trip might be in order... Seen this hotel in Hull.

Les.. if your reading this what do you know of it?

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservation...Hotel_Hull.htm#

looks very nice mate..........but HULL haha

only messing, from hull your then able to venture out over beverly way for a nice drive

look up rosedale in north yorkshire. THE road there is awesome and its a proper quiet place.

dont know they have a bandb or anything up there though

Rosedale, Pickering - yip, agreed, is nice there, cant beat the yorkshire scenery :P

not far from me either.lol

You wish boyo!... :lol:

Actually just a thought... She has told me in the past she used to get taken over to the humberbridge as a kid and loved it out there.

Was thinking that another trip might be in order... Seen this hotel in Hull.

Les.. if your reading this what do you know of it?

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservation...Hotel_Hull.htm#

Erm.....Just to the right of that picture is a humungus construction site where they are refurbishing the railway station and building a very large shopping complex.

A night out in Hull is for the brave and foolhardy weekends are even more adventurous ;) Peeing in doorways is a local tradition which makes for an excellent aroma when taking a relaxing walk round the city at night, projectile vomiting is another pastime that seems to be the norm.

Still interested? :rolleyes::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links