Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got my Corolla TS today...

spwolf

All rite guys, got mine today!

Was driving it a bit... Looks really good, both inside and out...

As for speed - I wanted to run in the engine a bit, but I am not sure if i can make it... I had it up to 4,5k and it was ok - nothing spectacular... I know that the lift changes everything, so I just cant wait to rack up few more miles before I hit the lift!

Glad you finally have yours. I still have another few weeks to wait!!! but I do get the pleasure of watching mine being built!!! Have you had the VSC bleeping yet? Any upgrades planned yet? I want to know if the optional subwoofer is worth having, if anybody has one or has heard one let me know.

thats interesting John...

Are they actually gonna let you see your car being built?

Here is a question for you.

From the Steel roll to the point the car gets driven off the production line, how long does the whole process take?

cheers

Hi SP,

I dorve mine at or below 4500rpm up to about 500 miles then up to 6000rpm to a 1000 miles, since then it's seen every bit of the rev counter, and love's it, the response to the accelerator when you in the power band is fantastic, in all gears, be patient it's worth it in the end, won't take you long to clock up a 1000 mile,s then the fun really begins. I've now dine just over 2750 and it's imrpoving all the time, I told that the engine is fully bedded in by 3000.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have.

I'm hoping to get the TTE lowering springs, gear shift, front spoiler, and twin exhaust as soon as they are available in the UK, I'm also thinking about some of the kit from www.boostertuning.com ;)

Alright peeps,

Steve, as I work in the factory I can check on its progess at certain times of the day i.e breaks, dinner etc. I can't actually watch it being built (I'm far too busy to do that!!!!lol) but I can follow it through the assembly shop where I work. It takes about 12 - 15 hours to build a car from start to finish, thats from steel roll to finished item, as long as there are no problems. The line speeds can be adjusted to meet customer demand, so the times do vary. Got to wait about another three to four weeks before I get mine, it seems there are lots on order (mostly left hand drive) Hope the waits worth while. I plan to do lots of miles as soon as I get it just to run it in quickly!!!

Alright ppl :)

Just curious, what do these Corolla T Sports rev up to? And what range is the 'power band' in?

Whats your average MPG?

Me GF's ordered a Yaris T Sport (import), should have it in 2-3 weeks time so looking forward to testing it. Looks a good motor.

Hi JPS,

hope this makes sense as I'm not a real techno head, but the VTT seems to change at 4200rpm which makes you think mmm thats quite quick, the at 6200rpm you get this mule kick and think ohh ****, all i really know is that makes me smile every time i do it ;) fuel, I'm getting about 28 mpg and for the way I drive that's not bad, I have had 38 on a few long runs with the wife acting as co-driver and keeping every thing the right side of the highway code :P

Jakes,

Cheers for replying. Seems similiar to the civic. Nippy from 3k and then at 5800rpm hell breaks loose :)

28mpg aint bad either. Im getting between 28-30mpg driving to work and back with maybe 25% being in the VTEC zone. Have hit about 35mpg doing a motor stretch and keeping below 95mph.

But we dont buy these cars for good MPG do we ;) :)

Does the Yaris T Sport have any noticeable changeover high up the rev range or is it more refined?

Hopefully find out for myself in 2-3 weeks :)

John,

I am having quite an orchestra of rattling inside my new 1.6 Corolla when going over sharp bumps or sleeping policemen...are you aware of any such assembly problems at Burnaston and how to rectify them, i.e. where to look in the cabin, I really can't locate the source of rattle becuase when I look everything seems so well put together...:(

All Corolla's have a bit firm ride, which sux when you go over sleeping policemen...

This annoys h3ll out of me, so I looked around at what could it be... I found 2 obvious offenders:

1. Trunk cover -

- First of all, plastic bit that keep trunk cover in place rattles a little bit on big bumps - cover them with tape (one turn) and it should be fine

- Whole trunk cover side hits trunk every time you go over a bump... this is a bit annoying, especially since everything else is really nicely put together. What you can do is buy little gummy strips that you can insert bettween trunk cover and the trunk, so when trunk cover hits something, it will hit that material that does not make any sound

2. Front passanger drawer - it makes squaky noises every time you hit a big bump. Try opening it up and using a black tape on metal hinge thats in there... that should help.

I have just made some of these modifications today to see if they help. I pass through many sleeping policemen and bumps throughout the ride to work, and it really really gets annoying when my new ride squeaks...

...as to VVTL-i - you will notice some small powergains from anywhere 3.5k-4.5k, depending on gear you are in and way you are driving... thats VVT-i... and then around 6,000 you start flying ;-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links