Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Wash Yesterday Took My Tte Spoiler Clean Off

sphinktar1988

damn, thats nasty, hard luck guys.

i would never bring my car to an automated or attended car wash, i care for my paint too much.

I'll just show you this for the fitting instruction

untitled.jpg

If you need part numbers

Spoiler assy is PZ439-B0450-00

Mounting Kit is PZ439-B0450-60

Steel clamps PZ439-B0450-02

Not one for wasting an opportunity here... I have a spare fitting kit for a Yaris spoiler that I'm willing to sell on, but for the TTE one you have to buy two little brackets as well. £20 plus postage (a couple of quid, I'll find out how much when I get home tonight) and the kit's yours. I have the part number for the little brackets too, but I'll have to post that later as the little baggy is sitting on my kitchen table...

The instructions are available here:-

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aim_Schre...min=&lan=En

but if you look at the inside of your spoiler it may looks slightly different. (such is the way with Toyota)...

:thumbsup:

A

Might be interested in the fitting kit, could save me a lot of bother trying to do it without the proper kit, any idea where i get the brackets as well, had a search on tinternet but no luck.

Cheers

i refitted mine

i got "pritt sticky pads" from b n q which were about 2 quid n i used them

its done the job

just need it respraying now :(

to much damage for a touch up pen

sorry to hear about it happening to u mate

u going to do out about it?

i refitted mine

its done the job

Can't do anything about it unfortunately, was at work and they have a disclaimer thing saying we use the car wash at our own risk. These things happen, pritt sticky pads look a good option, perhaps a bit cheaper than a fitting kit. Was it easy to reattach? Looking at it today I'm worried I'm going to stick it on in the wrong place or something!

Will let you know if i manage it, i'll have to get a couple of mates to help i think.

The best story I heard was an old rover 2000 in one... one of the wing mirrors got tangles in the brush and was ripped clean off.... the car wash then proceded to bater the side of the car with its own wing mirror as it spun around on the brush :D

Class :lol:

like beating a man with his own arm, lol sorry but that story fills my head with well funny images

i bet the clips bak in to placee

the trick is get the spoiler level with the roof i jst dumpped mine on n its to high

dnt really matta cause i ave to take it off to paint it anyways really

...admittedly the fixing guide does indicate "Within 48 hours", but you're still so much better washing it by hand.

Sphinktar - Pritt pads? Oh boy...

A

i refitted mine

its done the job

Can't do anything about it unfortunately, was at work and they have a disclaimer thing saying we use the car wash at our own risk. These things happen, pritt sticky pads look a good option, perhaps a bit cheaper than a fitting kit. Was it easy to reattach? Looking at it today I'm worried I'm going to stick it on in the wrong place or something!

Will let you know if i manage it, i'll have to get a couple of mates to help i think.

Pah! to disclaimers, they are not worth the plastic they are printed upon....Generally. Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links