Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

F**king Post

Hou

I now officially hate royal mail and their workers!

Something was sent yesterday special delivery as i needed it for tonight, even got it sent to my work address to make sure i didnt miss it!

What happens? Firstly the useless bit in the post office it was sent from never said anything, secondly theres a f**king post strike

:angry: They're are getting worse. Are you sure there's a strike today because we've had our post!

If you can contact the person who sent it, get the tracking number off them and see what happens. Special delivery is guaranteed (either by 9am or 12pm Next Day) so you should be able to kick off big time.

They'll ubik themselves..... then they'll have no job at all.

It will serve them right too, slackers!

Unhappy with your pay? -Get a better job then.

I drove past the post office sorting office about 30mins ago and they were all standing at the gates not letting anything in sort of thing. lol.

I agree though, if they are unhappy with the pay, get another job!

I can never understand the mentality of striking for more pay because when/if you do get the increase nine times out of ten it doesn't make up for the lost wages while on strike and in my opinion, making the public suffer doesn't help a great deal either.. :(

Yeah and wont they have loads of work to catch up on?

noticed alot of eBay auctions are not sending by royal mail cos idiots neg feedback them due to postal strike.

The past two times I've seen the posties here striking they've been playing football and having a barbecue outside their offices - which happen to be on a very busy road. Eejits.

After all it's us that pay their wages. Through my Hubby's business he pays around £200 a month on postage. When they strike it's people like him that suffer with a knock-on effect to his customers, that's what pi**es me off.

We all get pay rises with inflation... the sooner they privatise the Royal Mail the better, it'll be like our gas & leccy, we'll get a better service at a more competitive price!

for all my gloating about my phone its still not here :o gutted lol will teach me. this postal strike is rubbish though

I'll have you lot know one of our moderators was (may still be) a postie... And a damn fine chap he is too :thumbsup:

Also I'd imagine a lot of the action is set by some of the lower earning areas (not all postie areas/shifts earn the same) and as a result goes through a union which will "force" those who are happy to strike too. I mean, who wouldn't mind earning a bit more regardless of what you do? You could be a multi-millionare and still need more...

I worked 70 - 80 hours a week every week over the last three years so I could continue my hobbies and buy my house, however, this paid it's toll. A couple of months ago I was signed off work due to stress/burnout/depression (whatever you want to call it) and was advised by my GP and counselor to find other work with less hours and less responsibility. If my local post office/area had vacancies I would have gone for it primarily because pro-rata it paid better than my senior management role :thumbsup:

Based on the number of hours, I'd have also been better off financially off and been home finished with work by 2 or 3pm.

Food for thought ;)

Firstly, Hou... your special delivery should have been delivered by the managers who are not on strike and if this hasn't happened by 2 o'clock then you are due compensation because you have paid for a next day delivery.

Secondly.

This strike is not about pay.

You are right... when we go on strike we end up with twice the amount of work as we would have if we hadn't have striked.

Royal Mail are wanting to bring in a load of reforms and job cuts. These include delivering later, collecting less and will subsequently (in our oppinion) leave a worse service for our customers.

It is not in our short term interests to strike.... not only do we lose a days pay but we get twice as much work the next day.

Before critising everyone who wheres the uniform perhaps it would be wise of some of you to think what it would be like to be in an industry like royal mail wherby your union have taken the decision to strike. I can easily get another job... but my colleagues cant...

When the likes of alan leighton are on holiday instead of negotiating with the union it is easy to decide who to support at this time.

Remember... whilst your post is delayed one day... we are losing 1/5th of our pay... working twice as hard the following day as well as not knowing whether we are going to get a horrible amount of mail to process the next day.

All official strikes have to be given 7 days notice and the public can be informed of this at www.cwu.org again Royal Mail don't seem to bothered about informing Joe public as they are only bothered about the big senders of junk and the banks... not Mrs bloggs who sends 30 christmas cards a year.... unlike us posties who try to work our ubiks off to provide a decent level of service with a polite chat and a smile!

My Dad worked for Royal Mail for 30 odd years and retired 10 months ago. He's glad to be out of it because of the changes going on. Royal Mail pays the same for equavilant jobs all over the country apart from London, which is pretty good for low income areas like here. But obviously there are two sides to a coin, so I have no problems with them striking. It just gets to me how bad their service actually is when things go wrong/missing.

Interestingly....

Have you noticed post offices closing down and opening inside WhSmiths?

Alan Leighton is now moonlighting as their financial advisor which sounds fishy to me!

When we go on strike some agency staff are bought in to keep some mail getting processed.

Only one agency is allowed to be used. Alan Leighton owns a majority share in this agency yet Royal Mail workers are being told they are not allowed to join this agency because they are employed by Royal Mail!

At our offices we have budgets for improving the office like buying TV's and radios.

These items are only allowed to be bought from specific companies and my Manager even got a wrap over the knuckles for buying a better TV for cheaper because he didn't use the specific company they have 'a deal' with.

I do not trust the managers at the top one iota which is very unlike me I assure you!

Ok robie, sorry if my first post caused any offence, my blood was boiling as it now means i will be fitting the part tomorrow lunch

also i wont be getting any compo as the royal mail website says :

We will do all we can to delivery Special Delivery items, but Special Delivery guarantees, for both the 9am service and the Next Day service, will be suspended for items due to be delivered on Thursday 2nd August

Therefore why did the stupid bint in the PO not tell the guy sending the stuff instead of still charging him the same amount!

Its disgusting the way that you guys are being treated, I understand that, and never realised it was more then pay

Ok robie, sorry if my first post caused any offence, my blood was boiling as it now means i will be fitting the part tomorrow lunch

also i wont be getting any compo as the royal mail website says :

We will do all we can to delivery Special Delivery items, but Special Delivery guarantees, for both the 9am service and the Next Day service, will be suspended for items due to be delivered on Thursday 2nd August

Therefore why did the stupid bint in the PO not tell the guy sending the stuff instead of still charging him the same amount!

Its disgusting the way that you guys are being treated, I understand that, and never realised it was more then pay

I agree the sender should have been told.

Royal Mail have not told me anything about guarantees being suspended and when asked I have told my customers that special delivery will still get through.

So it is very possible RM have not told her anything to... which is !Removed! typical of this 'number one communication company in the world'

* I am seething too.. it is always us posties having to stick up for ourselves and a service getting ruined by those with no experience of the front line and what the customer want.

Just got an email from the union informing of further strikes.

Delivery offices:

Saturday 11th August

Friday 17th August

Mail Centres:

Friday 10th August

Thursday 16th August

So depending on where your post gets delivered from these are the days you will be without post * I think!

The fresh wave of strikes is set against the background of Royal Mail confirming the first stage of their so called modernisation plan that will be imposed on a large section of the workforce on the 13th August. This will involve significant changes including later delivery start times and permanent reductions in customer services. The imposition represents an unnecessary attack on postal workers' jobs, pay and conditions.

CWU Deputy General Secretary Dave Ward said "Despite Royal Mail's stated position and with the prospect of imposed change, the Union has made a fresh offer for a period of calm. We have made yet another offer to Allan Leighton and Adam Crozier to call off the next planned strikes. All Royal Mail have to do is take a step back and engage in meaningful negotiations."

with the others not strkinging won't it mean customers leaving royal mail for their competitors with the reliability?

and Robbie it all sounds set up for the guy you were on about, his company taking the burden, being f.a to w h smith, it sounds like he is setting himself up for a very big payday tbh

Just got an email from the union informing of further strikes.

Delivery offices:

Friday 17th August

Nooooo!!! No cards for me on my birthday then :(

Will warn the OH, cheers Zippeee. Not too bad so far with these strikes, just one thing gone missing and a few days delay on others but overall it's been ok. Gaz, our DHL driver turned up today no probs, you must have a lazy one! It doesn't effect the post offices as they are separate, as are Parcel Force.

Nooooo!!! No cards for me on my birthday then :(

You'll have to tell us when you're b'day is and you'll get plenty of wishes from us guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links