Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

F**king Post

Hou

I can not really say more than Robie , he has said it all :thumbsup:

my hubby Mark has been a postman for over 20 years, and he was on the picket line at 4.30am today,

the strike is 100% round here, and as Robie said it is not about a payrise.

Oh and by the way it will effect TNT / DHL / and the likes as Royal Mail delivers their letters for them ;) at a very low price.

And i do not know where you get the good wages from either ?

Mark does a 48hour week and takes home just over £200 pound,

unlike alot of other jobs like HGV or IT.

Blimey, he must get stung for tax! That's less than minimum wage! Around here RM pay much better than most jobs (minimum wage) and that's good seeing as it's a seaside resort with jobs in cafes and hotels.

He has just said he only gets paid for 40 hours, something to do with the 5 day working week

with a day getting carried over :blink::wacko:

Gaz, our DHL driver turned up today no probs, you must have a lazy one!

Think it's more o2 TBH. still waiting on my phone thats been on order since tuesday, (got an email saying its out of stock) rang a guy yesterday saying its a bog standard email and it will still be here tomorro (today) it wasn't here by half 2 so i phoned to confirm because i hadn't had an email with tracking number and i spoke to the sales team. The lass looked on the system and said they had some Orbit's in stock and would order me another one to be here in 1 to two working days. then i get the same "out of stock" email! after she said there is a 90% chance there are some in stock (their computers said there are). I asked if she could just cancel both orders and get one from the o2 shop in grimsby tomorro and she said no :\ its the same company though!

so i still haven't got a new new phone!

My old one works fine but the co pilot software was registered to another phone 2 weeks ago so o2 need to replace both the phone and the software even though they have seperate boxes! still using the other new phone though and will re box it when i get delivery details for one of the phones i have on order. I'm giving them till tuesday (a week from the replacement order) and if nothing i am going to complain because i was told they had some in because they could still order me one and with next day delivery thats a bit poor!

If they said they didn't have any i would be cool but they say they have some then a computer tells me they don't and tbh i feel lied to, or am i being silly? sorry for my rant and thread jacking, but i am just :censor: 'd off about it

Wish my HGV work was good pay, somebody pushing a shovel round labouring gets paid more than me pushing round a 44 ton truck :( but then again it's down to choice or circumstances

I got home this moring and could not open the front door cos royalmail have posted a lot of mail for the previous owner

stupid, stupid stupid royalmail

I know its not really their fault but I might aswell blame them

You can ask them to only post stuff addressed to the people at your house. We don't get anyone else's post now.

really?

do I phone rm up or do it online?

You phone or visit your local sorting office or delivery office, I'm not sure if you can do it online or not.

Although I hasten to add that I'm not sure if they filter out ex owners or ex tenants mail - they definitely filter out junk mail. IMO if someone is moving out of a house, that person should have the courtesy to change their address with companies that need to know it and for other items get their mail redirected. Totally unfair on the new owner otherwise.

Sitting here, starting at the screen, shocked at some of the comments in this thread! :eek:

It's all gone very much "me me me" hasn't it?

Nobody likes strikes and those who believe decisions to strike are taken lightly, are delusional, IMO.

The fact is that there are times when the worker 'on the floor' has to join forces with others to make his/her voice heard.

Yes it's inconvenient for others (us) but there may come a time when some of us need the support of those in other employment.

Or have we become so selfish in this society that we really don't care anymore about others work conditions?

In an earlier post I wrongly inferred that the strike was about more pay, I was totally wrong regarding this statement.

The current strike is about modernisation of postal service, this could mean that letter/parcels could be sorted and delivered using a more efficient process, I say “could” because as we know throwing millions into a new system is not always the best option, sure you cut the workforce down because of these super-duper labour saving devices the National Health service has tried this method to speed up patient waiting times and I can vouch that this is the biggest crock of excreta since the turd mountain moved into number 10.

So to all the posties on strike, I might not agree with you actions but I understand the reasons.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links