Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moving Story

T600

This moving story on PistonHeads about the long term affects a fatal accident have on a family is well worth a reading if you can stomach it.

Written by a guy who writes a lot of articles on advanced driving techniques on PH. His articles are always well written and interesting, and he really knows his stuff technically. So sorry he has also had first hand experience of the grevious harm that poor driving can result in.

:( Very sad indeed.

My family has first hand experience of how devastating drink driving can be - my 39 weeks pregnant aunt was knocked over by a drunk driver and they both later died in hospital. That was 16 years ago - the driver got 7 years imprisonment and a 3 year ban with extended re-test.

wow

its hard to know the right words to say, thats just horrible I hope that nothing like this happens to anyone on here, please people take care!

please people take care!

Agreed; I'm sure we've all driven recklessly at some time.

It's easy to do especially when someone cuts you up or does something else to annoy you. At the time you never think what the consequences could be, but it's so true that a single stupid action can lead to someone's death and to agony for their family.

A couple of months ago some ****** in a corrado VR6 was racing up a road on my dads way hone from work, he smacked into my near stationary dad head on at an estimated 70 mph (dad was slowing down from 30 or so, probably doing 10-15 mph, he had seen a car travelling in the opposite direction at speed swerve into his lane and decided that it might be good to stop when the car did not tuck back in..

Luckily for my dad he was in a '96 S class, which is a rather solid and well made car!, luckier still it was his old company car from his old job in Germany, - left hand drive. The majority of the impact was on the passenger side.. (Which would have been the driver’s side if it was a UK car)

If I had been in the same situation in my Porsche it would have certainly either killed me or left me in a wheel chair for the rest of my life... naturally the guy had no tax or insurance either...

He is being charged with "driving with due care and attention" and is still appealing that!!!

post-4811-1186064354_thumb.jpg

Looking at that pic it's incredible that it wasn't worse Karma Supra.

I hope the unisured driver gets what he deserves; though he'll probably just be told not to do it again, and maybe have his licence taken away, which probably wont make any difference to him at all.

Looking at that pic it's incredible that it wasn't worse Karma Supra.

All I can say is thank god for mid 90s S class build quality! He has replaced it with the latest model, and again gone for a left hand drive even though we live in the UK, as he is convinced that is part of what saved him!

The due care and attention charge equates to 3 points and a £60 fine... Which I think is disgusting...

Although I doubt the corrado driver will drive like that again, he was cosiderably worse off and was in hospital for a long long time.

Man that is terrible. 7 years??? WTF!

Not only that, but she served half of the sentence for "good behaviour".

I don't tend to waste my thoughts on her too much but deep down I am still furious about it.

My feelings about drink driving are very strong :censor: ! What a waste of 2 lives.

I don't tend to waste my thoughts on her too much

Good for you mate!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links