Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rough Running, Really Really Bad Smoking, And A Noisey Cat!

santanakid

HI everyone,

Just joined and very new to this so forgive me if ive got a few things wrong, but please do put me right.

My 2000 avensis, had a rattling noise coming form the engine and this really bad smoking when it warms up, i mean the cars behind cant see the road its that bad!

So goes into the garage garage and turns out the rattle noise is the twin catalytic converters that are mounted at the back of the enging, one of them has fallen apart.

so £600 later the noise has stopped but the garage have had it 2 weeks and cant find the smoking fault!

Does anybody have an idea or had this problem, the garage also says that its pumping loads of fuel into the engine , the c.o is around 10% and they said it shouldnt even be 1%, apparently needs to be .20%.

Its running really bad, the smoke is unbelievable, its runnin so bad and im skint , i cant afford another £600 diagnosis, although the catalytic converter did need doing, they thought it would stop the smoking at the same time .

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have a bit of a nightmare going on there :unsure:

I asume they have checked the engine out for wear (compression test etc)? it could be that you have an 02 sensor that has expired and the ecu is dumping fuel into the engine at a rate of knots, that in itself will destroy the cats. :eek:

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links