Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Advice

gudderz

Hi, i am wanting to lower my MR2, i want it to handle well but also to look nice and mean huigging the floor, any ideas on how much it should be dropped, thanks paul

Aye, mines dropped 40.

Ive only got springs though, think they apexi or whatever its called (i cant remember...was a while ago.lol) , but am wanting to get new springs and shocks too.. as mines a well bumpy ride.

• 1 month later...

Mine's sat on adjustable springs/shocks. It's about 45mm lower than standard and the rear tyres sometimes catch the arch a bit but it looks great. Lol.

I lower my Turbo by 40mm and found It's all about having the right rubber for the job I had the above mentioned issues with my car and it’s wheel arch as my car had 205/50/16 (front) and 225/55/16 (Back) tyres when purchased the person who had the car beforehand had oversize the tyres so I ended up replacing the tyres with 205/45/16 and 225/45/16 (Falkens) and now they are fine no issues at all and handling is perfect

So I would say as long as you have 45 profile (Front) and 45 or 50 profile (Back) you’ll be fine, 50 on the back works too and looks better fill’s out them rear wheel arch better and will not give you any issues.

I just had spring fitted be Rogue, they come well recommended and fair priced, I had my Tyres sent Nextday from falken.

www.falkentyres.co.uk

http://www.revision6.com/static/home.aspx

get a Airbag Suspension kit fitted to it so it sits VERY low and when you get up to an area with speed humps you can heighten the car to get over them ;)

get a Airbag Suspension kit fitted to it so it sits VERY low and when you get up to an area with speed humps you can heighten the car to get over them ;)

Is that a big job, know alex had it done on her Yaris.. I would love the slammed look and then you pop it up when you hit a housing area!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links