Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It's Finally Back

Boro Sera

Well,

after a miserable summer it would appear that the weather has picked up just in time for the New Footy Season.

So have you signed anyone exciting, are you optimistic for this season, any nice foreign investors bought you out? and will you be going to cheer the lads on or not?

At the Boro we're hoping for a bit more excitement and attacking footy this year - something that's been a bit lacking of late. All of our centre backs are on the treatment table at the moment, so that's not ideal. We signed Aliadiare from the gunners and Turkish international Tuncay Sanli ( both look like real quality players ) and Downing was superb pre-season too, so it's looking good at the moment.

Of course the proof of the pudding comes at 3 o clock when we face Blackburn. The last five times we've played them we have lost !!!!!!

Come on Boro !

oh god there goes any other sport on tv for the next 9 or so months!!! :rolleyes:

probably a really un-blokey type thing but really cant stand the game.

22 grown men kissing each other and chasing a ball of leather round a field whilst having abuse shouted at them by the crowd dosnt really appeal

just my 2p

PLAY UP POMPEY

Nugent should be good

Pompey 5th in the table, gunna get tickets to see them against Man City at Fratton and go to a few games this season!

Best season ever though, gunna be a brilliant battle!

Oh no ................not again :(

(I am not a big fan of British football.................it is so overated and hyped up by the media)

Things are looking up for my team, a nice comfortable 4-1 win against Falkirk today!

Spartak Moscow on Wednesday could be a bit more difficult though! :thumbsup:

Well, the Boro got their traditional start to the season ! We've lost the opening game of the season for the last 7 years !!!

Good positive style though.

Blackburn were more 'match fit' than we were as they have already played in the intertoto, but we should have had them..................dirty team !!

I suppose they need to rack up as many points as possible as quickly as possible before all the suspensions knock the wheels off their season !

Well done Leeds though !

Nugent should be good

What a waste of money, What a waste of money......

Thats what we all sang today - he had a shocker!

Gonna be a tough season for us this year however judging by today we should surprise a few dickheads like Mark Lawrenson!

Well, the Boro got their traditional start to the season ! We've lost the opening game of the season for the last 7 years !!!

Good positive style though.

Blackburn were more 'match fit' than we were as they have already played in the intertoto, but we should have had them..................dirty team !!

I suppose they need to rack up as many points as possible as quickly as possible before all the suspensions knock the wheels off their season !

Sore loser Rich? :P

Dirty team? And the tackle on McCarthy was???

boro sera where can i park without being assaulted by boro fans when sunderland play u lot on the 22nd.

cheers

Sore loser Rich? :P

Dirty team? And the tackle on McCarthy was???

Er, no !

We're well used to losing games up here, so we take it in our stride. It's nice that we got the Blackburn game out of the way early this season though. We much prefer playing footballing sides.

McCarthy? He's out of hospital so it can't have been that bad.

boro sera where can i park without being assaulted by boro fans when sunderland play u lot on the 22nd.

cheers

AHEM !! :unsure:

Liver in their typical fasion get one goal up on a team then miss tonnes of chances! Why do they do that to us fans!!??!?!?!!

Torres and Bable looked mighty fine though.. :)

Made up it's back & glad to see Everton get off to a winning start, winning breeds confidence & improves performances so the sooner you get into the habit the better, in recent years the first few games have always dictated how our season has gone.

Haven't signed anybody too exciting this summer, Pienaar will either be brilliant (with his ability to beat players) or useless (because he can't handle the physical aspect of English football), we'll have to wait & see with that 1 but I'm confident he'll do good. Jagielka & Baines will be good signings, we needed cover in their positions & we've signed 2 good players there, they're both British & have Premiership experience so I don't think they'll take much time to settle in. I think it's absolutely essential we add some more depth to the squad, I think our 1st team & bench is of a very high standard but when we start struggling with injuries/fatigue/suspensions/loss of form - which we will do if we have a half decent run in Europe - we'll really be in trouble.

I'd like us to sign another top class forward because if Johnson got injured we'd be screwed, especially with Vaughan being injured again & we also another creative midfielder in the Arteta role, because in many games he's our only player making chances. I know we're linked with them both but I'd like us to get Yakubu & Fernandes & also some other half decent players to bulk the squad up a bit.

No sign of another investor which is worrying because we're 1 of the biggest clubs in the country so if we can't attract investors when some below average clubs are doing, it suggests something is wrong behind closed doors which worries me. I believe our chairman has the clubs best interests at heart though so we'll wait & see, hopefully he'll get it right & we wont fall behind after finally showing signs that we're ready to compete.

I'll be going to all of the home games as usual & this season I'm really going to get a grip of myself & go to some aways. Before last season I'd only ever been to 1 away game but then I went to Villa at the end of the season & went to 2 friendlies away during the pre-season so I really going to try to keep it up. I'm also planning on going to Europe so we'll have to wait & see about that.

I prefer away games to home games - the atmosphere etc.

Going to man city on Wednesday, not confident mind as I think Sven's new side look cracking.

How Ipswich could beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 on opening day and then lose to penalties against MK Dons tonight i don't know (Oh and that was using same team)

Strange game is this football

Ronaldo is a cheating little ubik

poor muntari :(

He is a git!

I hate him but put him in my fantasy team as captain as he did very well last year and now he gives me a red card!!! :censor: :rolleyes:

Ronaldo is a cheating little ubik

poor muntari :(

He is a git!

I hate him but put him in my fantasy team as captain as he did very well last year and now he gives me a red card!!! :censor: :rolleyes:

same here, can't argue with the points from last year lol, its only 2 games in, another 36 to go lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links