Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supermarket Of Choice?

JappyBeast

Supermarket of choice?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your supermarket of choice?

• Asda
    • Tesco's
    • Morrisons
    • Somerfields
    • Sainsbury's
    • Aldi
    • Lidl
    • Iceland
    • Farmfoods
    • Marks and Spencer
    • Kwik Save
    • Co-op
    • Other

Yes, I have nothing else to do tonight so what will it be?

I vote Tesco's because my local Tesco's is pretty new, 24 hour, the biggest I have seen and everything inside of it is at an amazing price.

The idea of going out at 3am an buying a cheap 360 game or DVD is liberating... thank god for consumerism!

I predict this being close between Asda and Tesco's.

I'd go to Waitrose if we had one nearby. The nearest one is 30 miles away so its a bit far to go for the weekly shop.

For the 24 hour I think tesco's wins hands down.

I'm lucky. I live with a couple of Miles of a Morrisons, Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury but we tend to shop at Asda the most. :thumbsup:

Asda for me!

Plus it's also 24hr! :thumbsup:

Tesco - I shop there every week :thumbsup:

Although at the house we only had a Morrisons close by so I used that for a bit but then went over to Tesco Online :lol:

I'll be honest, I haven't been into a supermarket in years because I'm spoilt & don't have to, but if I had the choice I'd probably go to Tesco. There's a massive Tesco a few miles away from me & also a massive Asda a few miles in the opposite direction so living where I do it would almost definately be 1 of those if I was heading out specifically to get the food in.

If this proposed Everton ground is built with most of Tesco's money I'll probably go there more often as a bit of thanks for the 8 or 9 figure sum they'd have saved my club

Asda for me.

We have a new massive Asda and a new Tesco basically two mins walk from each other, but for some reason I always tend to goto Asda. It's also 24hour.

I go for Asda, the closest one to us is pretty small and quite dark but there is a massive one about 10 miles away which is one of the super ones and it does every single thing that you could need.

We do live within 5 miles of an Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and Lakeside Shopping Centre which has a Marks & Spencers there - cant beat the quality of their food, but the prices mean that it isn't do-able every day! We also have two co-ops within half a mile and countless Tesco Express stores! Talk about a Commercial area :unsure:

Marks and Spencer is the best and Waitrose is good too. Out of the big 3 though definately Sainsbury's... everything from Tesco's seems to be cheap, ie cuts of meat and likewise Asda. Sainsbury's has a good range of quality food adding value rather than cutting costs.

We have a Tesco & Asda in town. Neither are 24 hour, but because of the garages the price of petrol is kept down, 92.9p for unleaded and diesel at the mo.

I went shopping for a toothbrush today and not even our local Boots had the choice Tesco had. We bought our sofa from them and car/house/contents etc insurance are with them too. They even have a UK based call centre so it's a big :thumbsup: from me!

By the way, have you noticed they're getting stingy with the money-off coupons you get at the checkout nowadays? It's all 'spend £100 on wine and get 100 clubcard points!' You don't get anything if you use the self-serve kiosks.

Hmmm

Asda is the closest... gets occasional use when cba going further etc...

Morrisons is across town... so rarely go there now (used to work next door to it so was a lunch venue)..

Its really Tesco for the win! :P I will happily admit to being a bit of a Tesco snob... lol but thats cause I grew up with it... the Sainsburys was minging where we lived.. Safeway was horrendously understocked... and Waitrose was just damned expensive (but it is nice)... :P

which ever one I feel like going to, dont really stick to one shop

• 2 months later...

Sainsburys all the way, own brand food quality is so much better but if you buy brand names then its probably not the cheapest!

Tesco's win hands down for me!!!!!

I practicaly live there!!!

Tesco for me...Wife works there, we have shares in it as well........

the Sainsburys was minging where we lived..

It has improved a bit since this they did it all out this spring / summer but it's still not has good has Sainsbury's Chester or Ellesmere Port :(

Im so shocked that not one person has said they prefer to shop at small local shops instead of the big corporate monster shops. It just goes to show how brainwashed society has become by these companies.

Personally i hate the huge supermarkets to the very core - yeah i do shop in some of them sometimes when i have no other choice, but i would love to be able to avoid them at all costs

The one i hate the most is tesco - they seem to want to take over the world, theres practically nothing you cannot get at tesco - and for that reason its full of mongs! Its chaos whenever i go there!

I think the big supermarkets are killing - or have killed 90% of the local butchers and bakers etc , and i think its a real shame - i love going to a bakers and getting fresh bread or getting veg from a farm shop - i like the fact that the veg still have dirt on them - as theyve just been pulled out of the ground instead of sat in a warehouse covered in god knows what chemicals!

Also you get much better and more personalised service at the local outlets, than at one of big supermarkets as they treat their staff like dog crap, i know as ive seen it first hand, our local tesco is like a prison for the staff, its really shocking.

i think more of us need to support our local shops and stop making the directors of these big shops even more rich than they already are!

Not brainwashed just cheaper!

What other shop can sell me a bicycle pump for £1.80p!

It is a sad fact that supermarket giants are closing down the smaller shops but its just business at the end of the day. I'm not gonna pay 20p more for a loaf of bread and most people out there wouldnt either. Who out there wants to visit 5 or 6 shops when you can visit just the one?

Smaller shops are ok for the quick in and out buys but saying that, the self serve tills at my local Tesco's are super fast.

How many small shops out there can sell me a microwave at 3am??...

Thats just it everybody has turned into sheep , brainwashed by tesco advertising that is absolutely everywhere!

Like i said tesco is full of mongs because you can get everything there - it does my flippin nut in honestly - people think they have a right to cheap goods - no cheap prices are not a right - i believe in paying a fair price for things - why do you think there has been documentaries about how crappy tesco treat their suppliers - the farmers suffer in the end - ending up with tonnes and tonnes of waste product because the big shop refuse them because they might not be round enough or in the case of bannanas -yellow enough! i mean WTF!

And where do you think the non -food items come from , some of us have a conscience about the rest of the world even if the big hypermarkets dont

- people think they have a right to cheap goods - no cheap prices are not a right - i believe in paying a fair price for things -

How you spend your money is your business and more power to your elbow if you believe you are doing some good for someone.

But.................not everyone has the luxury or the disposable income to take your moral high ground. Some people have families to feed and cloth, some people have low-paid jobs or no jobs at all, some people are trying to make ends meet on a megre pension. And for these people every penny really does count.

You have your principles and that is all well and good but please do not ridicule or be-little people trying hard to save a little money each week.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links