Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet Issues

Pompey Gaz

just been to tesco to get some fuel and noticed, going round a roundabout that i had no grip on the front at all, theres nothing in my boot save for a jacket, a few different spray cans and the spare that lives there...

well after that i notced the car is pulling alot to the left! all the tyres seem fine, maybe could do with some air, plenty of tread but the front left is a brand new tyre so could this be the problem or could it be summat else? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

You probably ran through some diesel on the forecourt, causing the grip to be non existant!!! That stuff really is like driving on ice. Either that or those lead-tastic weights on yer front wheel, caused the car to lose it's balance, whooo hooooo. On a serious note, I noticed the tyre you had on it was a cheap and cheerful one (from a picture of your previous post). Check the tyre wall and make sure you don't have an egg on the sidewall or any similar damage. Kingo :thumbsup:

It could be the tyre that is causing the pull..

1. What was the old tyre like?.. worn on one side?

2. What is the tyre on the other side like?

------------------------------------------------------------

1. If the old tyre was worn on one side it could be because there is something worn on the car.. bushes, track rid end etc, and the car is fighting to wear the new tyre on one side causing the pull.

2. I the tyre on the other side is low on tread.. the difference in tread depth between both tyres can cause a pull.

Check tyres.. get tracking checked.. and bushes etc checked.

from what i can see the other tyre looks alright but when it's not wet, or after i had my tea will have the driver side wheel off and have a look.

The new tyre is fine, i had to put it on yesterday and it was fine lol

the weights on the new wheel come to like 80 things theres two thirties and a 20 :\

Davy what do these mean? but will have a look at the other front tyre

They add up to 80 grammes, tyres at the cheaper end of the tyre market usually require more weight to balance them, hence your 80. On a top of the range tyre, your more likely to only use 10-15 gramm weights, of course there are other factors. It would seem strange this happened after going around a corner, did you kerb it? Very unlikely to have damaged the tracking if you didnt hit anything, much more likely to be a faulty tyre, swop them front to back and try it again. Kingo :thumbsup:

didn't hit anything

Just been to the total garage and it seemed alot better but still gunna see the other tyre

If your old tyre was worn down on one edge.. normally if there is a worn bush or something it will be the inside edge.. your car could have a problem causing it to want to wear the new tyre down on one side.. so the car will pull to one side.

It could be an idea to check all 4 tyres.. then get the 2 most alike tyres (tread depth and tread pattern) switched to the front... also check your tyre pressures.

It is nice to see someone buying a "quality" tyre for a change... and at a guess, it's either 105g of lead weights or 80g of the new zinc alloy weights. :lol:

:P

:lol: Notice how I could tell from hundreds of miles away... been a tyre fitter too long I think :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links