Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Attempt At Getting Fit...

Jimlad

I've got some stupid ***** Reebock expensive (£400ish) treadmill in the house, so I thought I'd start using the thing.

Was on it today and Sunday. Done 3.2km on it each time, walking a minute, then running a minute, walking, running etc.

Question is... is it gonna get me fit? I'm bluddy sweating like a !Removed! by the end of it. Tshirt wet ala "neighbours stylee" (when someone runs in neighbours and they have a wet V at the front etc. lol ).

I thought it's better running/walking, rather running non stop for 3 mins and stopping. lol

mate.. walking and running is the best way to get good excersise and keep fit.

you need to start of nice and slow and work up to a steady jog and run about 10km then slow down to a walking pace.

over time you will get used to it

best way is to clear your mind of pain.. use a mp3 player to take your mind off things too.. it helps

signed - fat git LOL

What happened to the cycling??

It's much more satisfying than running on a treadmill !!!!

I fixed my car. So cycling went out the window. Anyway... runnin with the ipod blasting is quite good fun!

you'll give up in a few weeks

nice encouranging words there! :rolleyes:

im sure if your really determined on getting your body into shape then youll be able to do it.

its deffo good exersice and you can watch the telly while you do it :thumbsup:

good luck to ya, im trying to get fit before xmas too so if u get slack ill give you a slapping :yes:

That's excellent, that will definately help you to get fit. A general rule is if it makes you sweat it's good for you so if your shirt is soaked with sweat after exercise that can only really be a good thing. Try to not start off by pushing yourself too much at 1st because if you hate it it'll be so difficult to keep at it once the initial novelty has worn off so keep it at a level where you enjoy it & the effects will soon become apparent. Try to do it 3 or 4 times a week though because doing a bit regularly is far better than doing the same total distance in 1 go once a week. As suggested, over time you can gradually increase the workload as your body becomes more capable of handling it, keep it up

I used to run 4 miles every second night, I didnt get any thinner, but when I stopped I got fat!!!..

Just go on long walks round Hollybush or Gala Hill!

Fat Andy! .... lol

I lost half a stone in 6 weeks just coming out of the office.

You are fatter! Remember the 'Buff Shirt'?...lol.

i started doing 10km on the treadmill when i first went to the gym. took ages mind you.. i never bothered on much of the other equipment.

its all about keeping your heart rate at a steady pace.

also used the calorie counter and always stayed in the gym until i reached 1000 calories burnt... i am a fat git ya see LOL

1000 calories burnt?? Wooo! That's alot!

Doing what I'm doing on the treadmill tends to burn off 250ish.

I'll up the ante once I get used to this exercise malarky. :D

1000 calories?!?!? omg, i go to the gym 5 nights a week, only there for half an hour really, as only do the X trainer and the treadmill, but i only burn 150 each time... :/

But yeah, stick with it, your not going to see the advantages right away, but jst build yourself up.

You should exercise 3-4 times a day 45minutes mins a time..

Running is the best way to loose weight though, as you should burn 18 calories a minute..

Thats what i used to do though, walk a minute, run a minute, walk a minute run two minutes, walk a minute run a minute etc..

Stick with it! :)

3 to 4 times a day for 45mins??? .... eh!!!??? ....

When's someone supposed to have enough time to do that? lol.

I'm gonna get on the treadmill in a wee bit. Trying to do it everyday.

drive your car with heaters on full with one of them sweat suits on around a track while having a wild lion in the back of the car, n if you fail to keep it pinned it will get ya! should help burn them cals! o yeah

i got a crazy imagination :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links