Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Mod Or Not To Mod

Phoenix999

Guys.... I am asking this question here as I want as many as possible to see this and for you to let me know what you think. Sensible suggestions please ;)

I have my Land Cruiser and I want to personalise it slightly. Is a car such as the LC worth modding? I am not looking to make any machanical/power changes but I am looking to make styling changes. What I have in mind are polished stainless steel rear corner bars, front spoiler bars, light grills front and back and mirror covers.... new wheels might even be on the cards!

Do you think this would be too much? Would it spoil the look of my LC? I appreciate that a Land Cruiser is not high up the list when it comes to making styling changes but heck.... why not make a statement?

Would you make such changes and are there any changes you would suggest :unsure:

I am not going to get any bull bars as I am not keen on them.... they seem to make the car look a bit front heavy.

Instead I am going for these hopefully they will give the look I want :drool:

id slam it on sum lil 16inch wide rims, bullbars, black the windows out, and thats about it really would look pritty cool i think....

I think some chrome would look good, but apart from that, They look great anyway. Wheels are a difficult choice on 4x4's.

id slam it on sum lil 16inch wide rims, bullbars, black the windows out, and thats about it really would look pritty cool i think....

What he said.

I've been sort of modding my car of late which is kinda similar to yours....

Here's what I'm in the process of doing/done:

Clear indicator lenses

Chrome rear boot handle

Rear Bumper Protector

Motorola bluetooth kit with voice recognition which is cool

New style 18' Lexus wheels

Ipod kit which puts track info on the sat nav screen

Reversing camera

Cant think of anything else to do.....

Definitely!!!

I am getting a truck soon, was looking at a gen 3 Hilux Surf, (same chassis as the landcruiser colerado), although a few late 90s landcruisers have caught my eyes too.

I will certainly be going along the lines of a 4" or so lift, big tyres, bug bull bars, extra lights etc.

Bull bars don't kill people, careles parents do! What the bull bars don't finish, the 2+ tonnes of Truck will, at least with them you'll not get an unpleasant person shaped dent in your rille :D

Something like this

erm scrolling down that site, if you do tthat to your surf will you also get a gun like that to kill people :\ the guy is a weirdo :(

erm scrolling down that site, if you do tthat to your surf will you also get a gun like that to kill people :\ the guy is a weirdo :(

Totally agree! Nutcase! :thumbsup:

Its a great truck though ;)

He'd be sorted in a zombie attack!

Shotguns clearly don't need laser sights, especially with the amount of spread he would get from one that short!

I still want that truck!

Whilst we on the subject of Landcruisers the other day I needed to use 4x4 to move a bookcase and had previously thought that the Landcruiser would be the best option as it seems wider than the newer (school run) 4x4s that have flooded the market, I was suprised by what I saw....

Image0121.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links