Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 Mr2

Pompey Gaz

the persons kept it in good condition, hardly see any rust on any of the arches. mileage is abit high though.

One of the questions I would ask is how is to live in everyday condition?

Iam not sure on price wise.

-Rockman

Price seems fair ( even with the mileage ).

If you're genuinely after one of these then there are plenty of people on here who have worked extensively on renovation/restore/modding with this model. By all accounts they are a stunning fun car.

As far as condition goes, you're not going to get perfection - it's 21 years old ! but that doesn't mean there aren't great examples out there.

dats a nice mr2 looks fresh for a extra few pound ud hav a t-bar mr2 mk1,mine hav a t-bar n is supercharged n white ovr grafite.

I can't see the pic for some damn reason, but definately get one! you won't regret it. Is it for a daily runabout? T-bar is a nice option to get, don't worry about the mileage, due to everyone doing conversions on them these days, the 4age's are getting thrown away, so can be picked up well cheap and can change the engine in an afternoon no worries. Plus their bombproof anyway!

I cant get anything from that link , what is the price?

If it helps - my first T-bar cost me £1800 which was two years ago, and i paid £1470 for my second one (T-bar again) with 116000 miles on the clock - do not be scared off by this sort of mileage - my last one went to 170000miles (not Km) and it never failed once! The are built out of magic - seriously mk1 engines last forever! (with regular service of course)

Looking back i wouldnt pay £1800 again unless the car was immaculate - dont pay anything over that unless your getting a super charger

Most mk1's suffer with rust - not all are rotten though - it tends to be the arches first - but you can still pick up stunning examples for not much money (mine has hardly any rust and didnt cost the earth)

One thing i will warn you about - if your not careful this car can make you ---------- fall completely and utterly in love with it! :D No car will ever be as good :P

Seriously - i regretted selling my first mk1 so much that five months later i bought one practically identical to it!

Youll never regret buying a mk1 - only getting rid of it!

Happy hunting if you do decide to buy one :)

Guest MrMojo

i very nearly bought a MK1 about this time last year,

went to view a lot but they were all a bit dog rough, so decided to hold out n get another rev3 tubby,

i would seriously consider one tho,

***warning*** do not get in a MK1 with Teegs she's proper mental, hmm raining with one wiper nearly working!! who needs theme parks!! :P :P

Mo.

i very nearly bought a MK1 about this time last year,

went to view a lot but they were all a bit dog rough, so decided to hold out n get another rev3 tubby,

i would seriously consider one tho,

***warning*** do not get in a MK1 with Teegs she's proper mental, hmm raining with one wiper nearly working!! who needs theme parks!! :P :P

Mo.

Ha ha id totally forgot about that - both my wipers work on this mk1 though :toast: :D

Having one wiper wasnt scary it was the copper behind me who s**t me up! Came razzing past thought he'd seen me fly down the hill - pooped me panties! :unsure::lol:

Oh yea lol, forgot bout the Copper tooooooo..

Hmm that explains the smell, i didn't want to say anything but it was pretty bad hun :sick::lol:

Mo.

Oi! Ill get ya back for that - (when your least expecting it) (*cough christmas party* ) lol :lol:

Hi all,

I'm a Mk1 enthusiast too! I've had and got a few Mk1s, I have a Mk1.5 (Mk1 with Mk2 turbo engine) which was built by Woodsport back in late 2005, I also own a 1987 Supercharger and an 1985 Mk1a.

I'm surprised a few of you guys/gals have recommended the T bar Mk1. I certainly wouldn't recommend them after my experiences... yeah they are great on sunny day with the T bars out, but what about the rest of the year... I've had 2 tbars, they both leaked badly.. My Uk spec T bar - water would poor down the back of my neck when it went around a right hand corner when it had been sitting outside, the seat was always damp and the underside was rusty due to the water sitting in the drivers footwell when it was heavy rain. The other problem I found is the handling was not as good as on a sunroof or Tintop model due to the extra weight and chassis flex.

Just my opinion, dont shoot me down!

Ollie

Hi all,

I'm a Mk1 enthusiast too! I've had and got a few Mk1s, I have a Mk1.5 (Mk1 with Mk2 turbo engine) which was built by Woodsport back in late 2005, I also own a 1987 Supercharger and an 1985 Mk1a.

I'm surprised a few of you guys/gals have recommended the T bar Mk1. I certainly wouldn't recommend them after my experiences... yeah they are great on sunny day with the T bars out, but what about the rest of the year... I've had 2 tbars, they both leaked badly.. My Uk spec T bar - water would poor down the back of my neck when it went around a right hand corner when it had been sitting outside, the seat was always damp and the underside was rusty due to the water sitting in the drivers footwell when it was heavy rain. The other problem I found is the handling was not as good as on a sunroof or Tintop model due to the extra weight and chassis flex.

Ollie

Im just speaking from experience when i recommend the T-bar - my first one leaked - like most do , and yes some days i felt like crying because it annoyed me so much - but the one i have now has never leaked once! I know that is rare among the T-bars that are out there but i adore it - i love being able to take the roof out on a sunny day - i wouldnt be happy with just a sunroof now and definitely not with a tin top - i guess it depends what you want out of the car - i dont take mine on track days or anything - its my daily drive so i keep it well, i havent drove a tin top or a sunroof version so i dont know how the handling compares but i love the way the T-bar handles - like i say depends what you are after

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Ollie

:lol:

Fancy seeing you here Ollie B)

I agree with Ollie.

Sunroof (moonroof as Toyota called it) is a far better option that the T-Bar (IMO) or better yet, if you can find one - Tin-Top B)

I have a sunroof model (coupe) for track and a T-Bar Supercharger as my GF's daily and occasional track car. You can litterally feel the T-Bar chassis flex on track whereas the Coupe is solid as.

If I were to buy another - it would have to be Tin-Top no question.

If it were down to my GF, she would chop the entire roof off and go custom drop top (as done by Mr Paul Woods already) :rolleyes: B)

I think its worth the odd 'drip drip' in the winter for those stunning hot days in the summer with your hair blowing about and waving at people!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links