Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Minimum Wage And Pay

yazburner

working for cash in hand, is it illegal? or is it only illegal if your claiming benefits?

also, if im being paid cash in hand, and its less than minimum wage, what should i do? (besides quit) should i report them? or is it a bit petty to do so?

i hate the fact i cant get a decent summer job without been walked all over

i want a job thats related to my career, i dont want to work to earn enough to last me till i start uni. its like wasted time, id rather be working toward my career!

why are summer holidays so long? i feel like im wasting 2 months of time that i could be spending at university getting on with my degree!

If getting paid cash in hand you should declare it on the tax self assessment form

the summer jobs are a bit more valuable that just having qualifications, most employers are looking for people with commercial experience aswell

Once you are in full time employement there will be no more summer hols unless you book it off if applicable

I could be completely wrong

You can legally work for cash in hand as long as you're paying tax & national insurance etc which isn't usually the case but as long as you're doing that there shouldn't be a problem, you're getting less than minimum wage so maybe your employer is deducting that from it but make sure it's going where it should otherwise you may not be able to get all the help you would normally get from the government should you need it. The best thing you can do is grow some balls & have a word with your boss, ask him/her why you're not getting minimum wage & ask for a weekly/monthly printout showing how much tax etc you're paying.

If you're classed as a student you may not have to pay any/as much tax but it's not a situation I've ever been in so I don't know what the script is

working for cash in hand, is it illegal? or is it only illegal if your claiming benefits?

also, if im being paid cash in hand, and its less than minimum wage, what should i do? (besides quit) should i report them? or is it a bit petty to do so?

i want a job thats related to my career, i dont want to work to earn enough to last me till i start uni. its like wasted time, id rather be working toward my career!

why are summer holidays so long? i feel like im wasting 2 months of time that i could be spending at university getting on with my degree!

you sir are a such an incredibly beautiful persont .

**** toc - yaz your a ******

edit - if your gonna remove my swearing at least spell correctly . persont? what the ubik is that ?

you sir are a such an incredibly beautiful persont .

**** toc - yaz your a ******

edit - if your gonna remove my swearing at least spell correctly . persont? what the ubik is that ?

For wanting to get on with his life instead of sitting around doing sod all for 2 months? Personally I like his attitude

Remember that you have a £5000 tax free allowance. Unless you plan on earning more than that over the summer the only thing you need to worry about paying/ not paying is your NI contributions.

If it's less than minimum wage then definitely walk away (How old are you BTW? as the minimum wage for people under 22 is less than £5.35 depending on your age: look here for more info on what rates apply to your age)

Finally you could go to a temping agency and get paid properly (probably a bit late for this year). If you can type or use a PC you can get some decent work temping in an office as a data entry clerk or something and get paid more a than factory worker would get. I did this for a summer a few years ago just entering loads into the system for a distribution firm and got paid more than the permanent office staff were getting paid.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links