Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Today Is...

Kev Mc

...1 of the biggest days in the history of Everton Football Club & I can't concentrate on anything. At 10:30 Everton are due to announce the results of the ballot about whether the fans are for the move to Kirkby or against it, either answer will be massive for the future of the club so I feel sick with nerves right now

I voted for yes as did the majority of other voters so it looks like it's going ahead. It will be a sad, sad day for Everton when we leave Goodison Park but it's clear that we had to prepare to do that & it's just been a question of where to.

This proposed ground doesn't look anything too spectacular like the 1 on the Kings Dock would have been but it's going to be far better equipped for the modern day game & should look pretty good anyway. The main issue with most fans seems to be the fact that we'll be moving to an area that is marginally outside the boundaries of Liverpool, but Kirkby is as much a part of Liverpool as any other area in everything but the boundary lines which change anyway. In our history we have moved to several areas that were not part of Liverpool but the boundaries changed & hopefully they will again. If the proposal was to move to St Helens I'd have had a different opinion because it's clearly a different area with different people, but to say people from Kirkby are not scousers is absurd.

At the end of the day, we've got to move to be in with a chance of keeping up with the other big clubs, we're going to move 4 miles down the road, to a ground with much better facilities (both for the normal fans & corporate big spenders) & probably much better transport links etc, the ground will cost us around £50m, most of which we will get back before we've even kicked a ball there so we're effectively getting a new state of the art stadium with a bigger capacity & better facilities for nothing, so if ever there was a good opportunity to move, this is it

Number of voting packs dispatched 36,662

Number of votes received 25,761

Number of votes found to be invalid 63

Total number of valid votes 25,698

Turnout 70.27%

Based on the foregoing information, the Board is inclined to pursue the building of a new stadium in Kirkby.

Looks like your on your way!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links