Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Tax

JappyBeast

I pay the same as you andy £99 for six months

But you know i dont care - that is a small price to pay for six months of pure enjoyment out of my car B)

Whatever they put the tax up to - ill always pay it - i would never give the goverment the satisfaction of taking my favourite thing away from me -and i would never buy a green car unless they invented a decent one! The current ones all suck bumholes!

Thats fair enough Tegan ... Nice car you have ... I can go along with you on that, after all; I'm a lady of experience :P!!! ... Been there, done that, driven the big engine cars, not quite a T shirt job ... But, my years of experience (25 years of driving) have made me a little wiser and my ego isnt so big now (still quite big but not as big as it was lol) ... I have a big car for when I need to take the children out and we want lots of room and comfort and a little one for the around town stuff/shopping etc! ... I wouldnt be without my Voyager (just purchased a new one to us on a 'Y' reg with 23,000 on the clock :P/that drives like new - had our last one for 7 years) ... but equally wouldnt be without the little cutie Aygo Black that both me and my other half use during the day when we dont need the big car/engine ... For such a small little motor (Aygo) it has a lot of street cred and the £35.00 a year car tax makes it a big bonus for us and if its helping with the environment for our children to live in then thats got to be an even bigger bonus!!! ... You dont know until you drive one!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• Red Yaris 54

• Pompey Gaz

• Fujisan

But you know i dont care - that is a small price to pay for six months of pure enjoyment out of my car B)

Whatever they put the tax up to - ill always pay it - i would never give the goverment the satisfaction of taking my favourite thing away from me -and i would never buy a green car unless they invented a decent one! The current ones all suck bumholes!

Thats fair enough Tegan ... Nice car you have ... I can go along with you on that, after all; I'm a lady of experience :P!!! ... Been there, done that, driven the big engine cars, not quite a T shirt job ... But, my years of experience (25 years of driving) have made me a little wiser and my ego isnt so big now (still quite big but not as big as it was lol) ... I have a big car for when I need to take the children out and we want lots of room and comfort and a little one for the around town stuff/shopping etc! ... I wouldnt be without my Voyager (just purchased a new one to us on a 'Y' reg with 23,000 on the clock :P/that drives like new - had our last one for 7 years) ... but equally wouldnt be without the little cutie Aygo Black that both me and my other half use during the day when we dont need the big car/engine ... For such a small little motor (Aygo) it has a lot of street cred and the £35.00 a year car tax makes it a big bonus for us and if its helping with the environment for our children to live in then thats got to be an even bigger bonus!!! ... You dont know until you drive one!

Aygo looks good however am still at the age where i wanna be the one doing the over-taking not the other way about :(

however am still at the age where i wanna be the one doing the over-taking not the other way about :(

I second that :D :thumbsup:

I'm still only at stage two...

Im with you on the whole environment thing - if youve got or intend to have kids then certainly you want to make the world a nice place for them to be

On the other hand i dont have any kids and dont intend to have any so i dont feel that way, the point i was trying to make is the car manufacturers need to produce something that will excite me to get me to swop to a green car - the aygo might be a nice car for nipping round town but its never going to put as much of a smile on my face as the mk1 does - its so much fun to drive - surely they can produce an eco sports car that doesnt compromise on the excitement?

If they cant then ill never make the change

Im also slightly against them trying to get us all to switch to eco cars, as what will happen to all the classic cars? (i know thats a different story but worth mentioning i think)

Aygo looks good however am still at the age where i wanna be the one doing the over-taking not the other way about :(

Lol... you act like if you're a certain age you wont overtake ... :lol: ... im 42 and still overtake, especially young boy racers that need to be shown its not all about speed, you need skills aswell ... like driving into a roundabout without braking like a 'girl' ... I've put lots of boys to shame, not even joking and end up having the last laugh!!!

Im with you on the whole environment thing - if youve got or intend to have kids then certainly you want to make the world a nice place for them to be

On the other hand i dont have any kids and dont intend to have any so i dont feel that way, the point i was trying to make is the car manufacturers need to produce something that will excite me to get me to swop to a green car - the aygo might be a nice car for nipping round town but its never going to put as much of a smile on my face as the mk1 does - its so much fun to drive - surely they can produce a eco sports car that doesnt compromise on the excitement?

If they cant then ill never make the change

Im also slightly against them trying to get us all to switch to eco cars, as what will happen to all the classic cars? (i know thats a different story but worth mentioning i think)

Tegan, Im with you trust I am ... I wish they would come up with something, I feel the same as you ... a friend of mine has a classic MG convertible ... lovely car ... they have to be kept alive ... it cant all be about the newer and sometimes boring looking cars/ I know the point you're making luvvie, trust me I do and if I could have an MR2 aswell I would, cause its a car Ive always wanted (i'll probably end up having one as an oap) i just have to put on my practical/sensible head :( :'( ... unfortunately some people dont look after their cars as well as they should! ... I have to add that I was a little sceptical about having an Aygo, I thought it looked small and maybe a little bit of an old persons car but once I got in one I was pleasantly surprised, Im 6ft, so it would need to have a lot of leg room, to say the least & I've had lots of young boys look at me :P ;) ... I'm putting that down to the Aygo, not me of course lol!!!

Well i'm one of the pure enjoyment owners, my 2.8 Supra cost £180.00 a year to tax and over the last 6 months i've done 300 odd mile :rolleyes: , now i don't plan to work that out but i would guess is a few quid per mile :)

Lol... you act like if you're a certain age you wont overtake ... :lol: ... im 42 and still overtake, especially young boy racers that need to be shown its not all about speed, you need skills aswell ... like driving into a roundabout without braking like a 'girl' ... I've put lots of boys to shame, not even joking and end up having the last laugh!!!

Nope but you do get sensible with age and start to question if you really need to over-take ......(apparantly :D )

Anybody think they should add it on to fuel instead?

Makes much more sense to me ....... plus EVERYBODY has to pay it, no out of date tax disks/fraud etc.

It's just like when I go to France etc I have to pay to use their roads, they should do the same here :D

The thing is, the journeys I make are for a reason, work, shops, family etc etc. My car is clean and economical and I pay my taxes.

If the environment is so important then stop motor racing!

They go round and round in circles as fast as they can and go nowhere. Tens of thousands of people drive or fly there to watch them do this, then drive or fly back home again. Talk about Carbon Footprints!

:thumbsup:

Makes much more sense to me ....... plus EVERYBODY has to pay it, no out of date tax disks/fraud etc.

It's just like when I go to France etc I have to pay to use their roads, they should do the same here :D

not a bad idea lol although 63.7p per litre atm goes to mr Brown and his cronies. Tolls would mess up tholse who are shorter of funds. I dunno really. atleast roadtax is a one off payment every year

I believe the thinking against that is that there would be little to stop people keeping many more cars on the road. Parking space is already at a premium in many streets. It would suit me - I do very few miles but have several old cars (but not old enough to be exempt unfortunately) so would save hundreds if they put it all on fuel. But they're not going to do it.

The thing is, the journeys I make are for a reason, work, shops, family etc etc. My car is clean and economical and I pay my taxes.

If the environment is so important then stop motor racing!

They go round and round in circles as fast as they can and go nowhere. Tens of thousands of people drive or fly there to watch them do this, then drive or fly back home again. Talk about Carbon Footprints!

:thumbsup:

Ive got a better idea lets just ban everything that makes life worth living - no cars, no driving, no planes, no holidays in different countries, nothing with a fuel engine - so no boats , no travelling anywhere apart from on a bike or by foot - no scrap the bike actually that takes energy from power stations to build them , cant have anything in our lives that needs energy to produce it - actually i think that includes humans aswell - as im pretty sure there is alot of energy used in reproduction - so mass extinction fo the human race is clearly the only way forward :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links