Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Never Go To Exhausts Uk

Vlad_E

Thoroughly ****** off at the moment....

I bought my car in April 2004 from a guy who had the exhaust made up in December 2003 by Exhausts UK (sheffield), all well and good the exhaust sounded nice and came with a 25 year warranty. In Jan 2005 I went to exhaust UK to alter the tailpipes from the backbox so they were 4" in diameter, again all good, then a few months later one of the hangers snapped, so I took it back and they re-welded the hanger, month or so later and the other hanger snaps, took it back and all good! now this has happened 8!!!!!!!!!! times, each time ive took it back and they have done it without asking for the receipt as they know me....

I've also had a single exit made up by them, so maybe twice a year I put that exhaust on for a change, all in all I have receipts from Exhausts Uk that come to over £1000!

Anyway guess what, it snapped again 2 weeks ago :rolleyes: and I have a close look and its because the hangers are under pressure due to one of the flanges not being straight from the cat converter, so I thought I'd take it back and explain how to resolve the problem properly so it wouldn't happen again.... The car goes on the ramps and I tell the fabricator what's wrong and what SHOULD be done to resolve all the issues ... he then gets another fabricator to have a look too, then he gets the manager ... and I explain to all of them what is wrong!

At this point he asks for my receipt, which I hadn't took with me because they never usually ask, he then says he has never seen me before and that the exhaust hanger is under pressure due to work that I have done and that I have welded the flange :angry: After arguing with him for 20 mins and constantly telling him I have done nothing of the such and the only people who fabricate my exhausts is his company he gets arsy with me and says I would have to pay! err no dont think so, so after telling him this he just walks off and tells the fabricator to lower the car off the ramp and do no work. I advised the fabricator to bring him back before I dragged him back... At this point there is 6 fabricators under the ramp with me and the manager comes back with his boss (female :rolleyes: )

So I tell her the story and then the manager tells her what he "thinks" has happened, she then puts her rose tinted glasses on and talks b0llocks saying its my fault because I alternate between the main backbox and the single exit (both fab'd by Exhaust UK), after asking her if she even knows how to fit an exhaust and WTF was she doing here because she knows ********c all she then gives the rolleyes and does a runner too! so the manager is there still telling the fabricator to put another hanger on, and im trying to explain that there is no point in doing it this way without altering the flange as its still under pressure and I would endup back at their place again wasting more of their time :rolleyes: He says he is happy for that to happen! So after I gave them a lesson in customer services a new hanger is put on.

But the exhaust is still under pressure as the flange wasn't altered, so im going to have to go else where and pay to have this fixed. 2 and a half hours I was there arguing with them, it just shouldn't be like that!

DON'T GO TO EXHAUSTS UK, IT'S RUN BY PATHETIC UNEDUCATED MONKEYS :censor:

Too right Jinxed!

Well Jappy I think im going to take this further because it just took the pee, the way they went about dealing with the situation was discusting and frustrating!

I've heard that story before, oh yea was bout 20 times over the course of Sat/night :lol:

Recovered yet sonny??, never known anyone get so drunk so quick n no vodka in sight!!!,

We need to do that again soon i'm begining to love that place, think of it all as a whole, all women need to be happy!!!, what a line, ur a legend :lol:

Mo.

Recovered yet sonny??, never known anyone get so drunk so quick n no vodka in sight!!!,

Oh Im recovered ;)

We need to do that again soon i'm begining to love that place, think of it all as a whole, all women need to be happy!!!, what a line, ur a legend :lol:

Mo.

definately, its a good night out!

my lines are so cool, and they actually work!!! B) I wish I could just think of a few more when im sober hahaha

Kev - think I might goto trading standards....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links