Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Vs. Peugeot

perfectshadows

Well today was the day, i was going to order a toyota i have picked what i wanted all the extras everything brang all my details, account info was fully prepaired to order an AYGO blue with various TTE accessories only to be left looking bored for 30minutes while one guy drank coffee the other tapped away on a computer surely "sales assitants" sell things?

peugeot had no trouble in helping me with in 2 minutes of me being in a show room I didn't have to ask for help to get a reply of erm hang on just a second 5minutes later to get the answer of

"sorry can't do that today it doesn't work like that on saturdays the parts/accessories guys aren't here" then they said "u'd have to come back on monday"

I was like i am busy monday its the weekend or not at all, but unfortunantly the guys that fit the extras and do the pricing don't work weekends, so i said "is that just you guys as peugeot were more than happy to tell me and quote me today and there guys wern't in either"

toyota answered with "its a standard thing across car dealerships"

clearly it's as peugeot managed to find and accessoies book and a price book and quote me a very nice price (admitadly the peugeot was a 207gti which is a much bigger car i realise)

so i said is this the service to be expected from toyota?

he replied "i am sorry sir sorry as I said if you'd like to come back on a week day we would be happy to help you"

i asked him various other question about things like how low the car will be on TTE springs, does the TTE exhuast do anything difference except looks, how long will it take to fit the accessories. when he didn't know i gave him all the answers much to his annoyed surprise.

after i'd finished being smug and taking the mick I added, "customer service sells me 60% of the car i need to know i have support in place for my car, clearly you guys are a bit of a joke when it comes to cars as you don't know anything about what your trying to sell me, peugeot on the other hand actually knew about there car and answered everything and gave me quote prices"

i went on abit at him with, "i've already had a peugeot and there customer service is second to none, always doing as I ask, never hiding things, never making me wait for no reason, able to answer questions or find the answers at least! even if they have to use a book!"

"if this is your sales customer service i'd be scared to bring a car here for a service? r u sure you team could manage to book the car in or do they not work on saturdays either?"

anyway i said all this loudly and some people put away there money and left so i said "oh well thats a shame" and left

is this what I can expect from toyota? or is this just a freaky site?

Toyota centres have much more laid back and non pressurised sales teams as they are able to sell their cars without having to try too hard, unlike Peugeot.

My Toyota dealer is allways very welcoming and helpful

Do you really want to buy an Aygo, or are you just wasting the time of the centre staff and praising Peugeots?

It really is up to you.............................but I would suspect that you would feel happier in the Peugeot dealership.

You do not appear to be very patient and also treat buying cars as some kind of "sport". QUOTE: after i'd finished being smug and taking the mick

I thought that you went to order a car..............not to take the mick. Nobody likes a smart @ rse

If you really want a Toyota, then go back on Monday ........................but dont waste their or your time if you are not really serious about getting an Aygo. :rolleyes:

Toyota centres have much more laid back and non pressurised sales teams as they are able to sell their cars without having to try too hard, unlike Peugeot.

Do you really want to buy an Aygo, or are you just wasting the time of the centre staff and praising Peugeots?

It really is up to you.............................but I would suspect that you would feel happier in the Peugeot dealership.

You do not appear to be very patient and also treat buying cars as some kind of "sport". QUOTE: after i'd finished being smug and taking the mick

I thought that you went to order a car..............not to take the mick. Nobody likes a smart @ rse

If you really want a Toyota, then go back on Monday ........................but dont waste their or your time if you are not really serious about getting an Aygo. :rolleyes:

:clap: Well said! :thumbsup:

Treat people as you would expect to be treated.

Which? the Consumer's Association magazine, gave Toyota an above average rating for service. So I wonder if this a problem is confined to Sussex! Cos, I came across similar attitude problem with the local Toyota Dealership in Goring.

And we have tried more than once. I run a company that involve pre and post sales service, so I was appalled. Finally, I gave up and bought it elsewhere at a discount. But the Service section is friendly and efficient. A mechanic I once spoke to took a genuine interest, inspected the car and gave me expert advice. But the so called salesmen here get 1/10.

:clap: Well said! :thumbsup:

Treat people as you would expect to be treated.

I know he is going on about pug service etc but I think he has a point here. If he has gone in to order the car there and then they should have bent over backwards to get the sale instead of cant be bothered today come back monday. I would have given them some sht aswell

sounds though like its this dealership as other ones I have been to have been more then helpful, try a different dealership

If the guy you need doesn't work on weekends - he doesnt work on weekends! Thats not bad customer service, its a fact! ;)

Toyota dealers are very laid back - they don't do the hard sell - maybe that's what you expected being used to Peugeots? There are always good & bad dealerships out there, but I'd say the majority of Toyota ones are fairly good

As for knowledge, a lot of dealerships arent told anything and many rely on customers to inform them of things - especially mods as although Toyota sell the parts, I doubt they train their staff on how low an Aygo can go on TTE springs!

From reading what you've said, it sounds like you've been the one with the attitude towards them, unless I've read it wrong?

Being left waiting isnt great though - there is no excuse for that.

I think your all talking Poo. If you go in to buy a car you should be able to buy it.

Go to a different dealership mate. Or use a broker.

seems the south has a sales problem from your replies.

as for the Laid back approach? don't have so much faith in your cars I work in the sales industry customer service should be paramount if its not then clearly you don't deserve to sell your product.

red yaris your comment really angered me "without trying to hard" pah if there not trying i'm not buying.

"treat people how you expect to be treated" I don't expect to me left for 30minutes, or get remarks like "it doesn't work like that" or sales assitants that don't have clue, maybe its because I am southern i expect more for the colour of my fabric, but when I have £16000 sitting in a account just to pay for a car out right i expect service quickly!

I only got smarty ubiky after i was left to wait boredom crept in, i have no patients at all, especially when I am buy from sales people. I don't tolerate bad sales teams in my shop if a customer has to wait you lose there custom, I was fully ready to get an aygo after spending the past month choosing and reading up on them asking question on here.

Considering i work mostly 9-6 monday to friday it would be very hard to go there on a monday as they open 9-6 as well, your going to sell the majority of your products at the weekend when most people are off, clearly this toyota dealership needs to address this concept anyone with a slight hint of business sense knows this!

The people i've had dealings with at RRG Toyota in Bolton have never left me dissappointed yet.

The mechy who sorted out most of my car would be extremely welcome to marry my sister(if i had one :D ). The young lady who fronts the parts department is wonderful... i'd be extremely happy to marry her. And the other staff there have all been very welcoming, helpful, and professional. I believe they care about the cars they sell and also the cars they are entrusted with.

My only issue with Toyota bolton is their bodyshop..... after an exhorbitant repair quote but if i'd been stupid enough to let them do the work then ... any criticsm would have been squarely placed on me.

Oh, and the coffee they serve is really nice :thumbsup:

i went to John Roe Grimsby for some paint and it was a saturday! within 2 minutes of staring at some brochures a guy come over, i explained what i wanted he went and found a parts guy for me, who gave me a few choices then had a look at the damage and helped me and ordered the bits. I was relativly impressed tbh

i have found in other shops, like the o2 shop, even though i have a contract with them and only go in when i need to, rthey seem to treat me differently, if at all sometimes, to people in suits or older people, even though i go in there to specifically spend my money

seems the south has a sales problem from your replies.

as for the Laid back approach? don't have so much faith in your cars I work in the sales industry customer service should be paramount if its not then clearly you don't deserve to sell your product.

red yaris your comment really angered me "without trying to hard" pah if there not trying i'm not buying.

"treat people how you expect to be treated" I don't expect to me left for 30minutes, or get remarks like "it doesn't work like that" or sales assitants that don't have clue, maybe its because I am southern i expect more for the colour of my fabric, but when I have £16000 sitting in a account just to pay for a car out right i expect service quickly!

I only got smarty ubiky after i was left to wait boredom crept in, i have no patients at all, especially when I am buy from sales people. I don't tolerate bad sales teams in my shop if a customer has to wait you lose there custom, I was fully ready to get an aygo after spending the past month choosing and reading up on them asking question on here.

Considering i work mostly 9-6 monday to friday it would be very hard to go there on a monday as they open 9-6 as well, your going to sell the majority of your products at the weekend when most people are off, clearly this toyota dealership needs to address this concept anyone with a slight hint of business sense knows this!

Why not ask the dealership if they can bring you a car round to your place of work, or take some time away from work to conduct this very important business of buying a car.

My dealer is always happy to oblige and we have an excellant relationship.

Sorry if my comment angered you, by your own admission you do not have any patience and Toyota really does not have any problems in selling cars.

Others on this thread have sugested that your "attitude" may not have been condusive to making the buying experience very pleasant.

The customers that I deal with in my work appreciate my business sense.............it has been built up over many years of experience.

If you get a Toyota........or not.............it is very much in your hands...............but chill and keep calm. You will find that it does help. :)

I'm a little stunned by Perfectshadows' bad experience as I have been into both my local Toyota and Peugeot dealers.

My first foray was to the Peugeot dealer a few years ago when I was looking to buy 2 new cars at the same time.... now I never pay the list price so I haggle. The salesman simply said "here is the price, take it or leave it".... so I left it and smiled as I got up and said "goodbye"!

My local Toyota dealer 'Lookers of Romford' just could not be soooo different. They gave a great p/x on my 350Z and I ordered the Land Cruiser with a hefty discount. A couple of months later my daughter bought a new Aygo, again with a good discount.

My advice is.... do your homework on the car you want, look confident, talk politely but firmly and for heavens sake.... don't take the p*ss! I know I don't like it so why should the salesman.

Perfectshadows.... you may have the money but don't expect people to jump and then dance to your tune. Go back and be polite and you will get good service. If you want to see a salesman at a time to suit you then why not make an appointment.... all dealers do this!

I can be very pleasant when the expected service is given, thats my only point, i'd like to make that clear. i was polite, smiles, happy.

My attitude ONLY CHANGED when the lack of service failed to meet my standards. hopefully this clears up the taking the mick bit which happened after my anger with the sales guy grew to a higher level.

I am sorry to dig back red yaris still little fumy from there bad service.

this is purely a service dispute regardless of product, toyota, peugeot or any kind for that matter so please refrain from bringing the car into the debate.

The car was great the aygo looked and felt well built! which is odd when PSA had a hand in it hehe the only flimsy thing i didn't like was the door handles on the inside and the single string for the parcel shelf. the quirky spining air vents was a little funny but i thought they was quite good.

its just when I have worked hard to save my cash to get a car and chose theres from all my other choices out there i expected better.

I do appricated certain places are worse than others my nearest peugeot dealership is terrible, its lost its MOT certifcation has a complaints list so long they just fire and higher managers weekly. yet my one which is 13 miles away is brilliant.

so I shall be trying another one, but this is due to the high quality of the car its self.

I can be very pleasant when the expected service is given, thats my only point, i'd like to make that clear. i was polite, smiles, happy.

My attitude ONLY CHANGED when the lack of service failed to meet my standards. hopefully this clears up the taking the mick bit which happened after my anger with the sales guy grew to a higher level.

I am sorry to dig back red yaris still little fumy from there bad service.

this is purely a service dispute regardless of product, toyota, peugeot or any kind for that matter so please refrain from bringing the car into the debate.

QUOTE:

"peugeot had no trouble in helping me with in 2 minutes of me being in a show room I didn't have to ask for help"

"is that just you guys as peugeot were more than happy to tell me and quote me today and there guys wern't in either"

"clearly it's as peugeot managed to find and accessoies book and a price book and quote me a very nice price (admitadly the peugeot was a 207gti which is a much bigger car i realise)

"i've already had a peugeot and there customer service is second to none, always doing as I ask, never hiding things, never making me wait for no reason, able to answer questions or find the answers at least! even if they have to use a book!"

I THINK THAT IF YOU RE-READ YOUR POST YOU WILL SEE THAT IT WAS YOU WHO BOUGHT THE CAR INTO THE DEBATE :rolleyes: ................but I will forgive you......as you were angry ;)

The car was great the aygo looked and felt well built! which is odd when PSA had a hand in it hehe the only flimsy thing i didn't like was the door handles on the inside and the single string for the parcel shelf. the quirky spining air vents was a little funny but i thought they was quite good.

its just when I have worked hard to save my cash to get a car and chose theres from all my other choices out there i expected better.

I do appricated certain places are worse than others my nearest peugeot dealership is terrible, its lost its MOT certifcation has a complaints list so long they just fire and higher managers weekly. yet my one which is 13 miles away is brilliant.

so I shall be trying another one, but this is due to the high quality of the car its self.

Just chill out.................make an appointment to see a salesman and try again, or maybe try the Peugeot 107?? ;)

After all it IS an Aygo in disguise :D

I appreciate you work in the week - as do we all to be able to afford our cars!

But I too am looking and if I was told the person I needed to see wasn't in on weekends, I would arrange with work to leave early one day to sort out my car dealings.

If needs be I'd make the time up!

Obstacles are only obstacles if you let them be. If you are genuinely interested in the car then go and buy one!

But don't start comparing Peugeot & Toyota and telling the Toyota dealership you think they're crud, its kinda like meeting a new girlfriend - would you tell her that your ex was prettier/skinnier/better in the sack than she is? Didn't think so, same principle applies! ;)

its kinda like meeting a new girlfriend - would you tell her that your ex was prettier/skinnier/better in the sack than she is? Didn't think so, same principle applies! ;)

I did and thats why i am now single haha :lol:

peugeot have to be good though - if you buy one it will break...a lot and you'll be back in there week after week after month . You buy a toyota and say goodbye cause you'll probarly not need to go back .

well im still totally with perfectshadows here, these sales guys work on sales, commission and hitting targets. If there is a guy here wanting to order a car you do anything you can. If the guy isnt in on a weekend fine, you take down all the details you cant then speak to that guy on monday then contact the customer, not tell them to come back

I would have done the exact same thing in his position and to me this sounds less and less about the service he received. It sounds more like I hate peugeot and also I dont like what you said so im going to pick a fight

give the lad a break, especailly when you are a mod, when the guy is quite new and if he gets a toyota will be hopefully staying with the club and even become a paid member. If I got this response I'd only use the forum on a free as when needed basis

Cant say ive had any problems with toyota

my car went in to have a drive shaft changed i got a lift from the garage to college

then from college back to the garage

they didnt ave a problem putting it through the insurance

also wen im a pain in the @rse goin in to order tsport parts for my sr they still have time for me

they organised a yaris for me and my mam for 2 days no trouble

also everytime the cars been in its been washed

stop on id say

....It sounds more like I hate peugeot and also I dont like what you said so im going to pick a fight....

What a load of old rubbish. I like Peugeot cars but, as mentioned earlier, the service the salesman gave me was total cr*p.

I say it as I see it and nothing other than that.... I'm not interested in picking a fight with anyone :huh:

:boxing: :crutchy: :fishyface: :bash::bangin::boxed::chair: Now who wants to start ;) :lol:

I have sold cars last year for Both Peugeot and Toyota. From my experience as a peugeot salesman you are under loads of pressure to get sales that is a fact! So every customer that comes in will get pounced on within minutes by one of the many sales team. It was hard sell at Peugeot and completely different to Toyota. Toyota was extremely professional and unfortunately there were times when i had customers waiting to see me, thats because if we were all busy, customers have to wait or come back there is nothing you can do but appologise. Did you explain to the receptionist you had been waiting long? If so i bet she would have appologised and spoke to the sales team and someone would have come over and explaineed the situation! You can't just drop everything to see a stroppy i want to be seen now! customer! Toyota salesman are more laid back and less pushy because people don't want to be forced into a car! They want a pleasant buying experience. Also due to the amount of changes on the cars it is impossible to know about the accessories as well, thats why the parts guys are miles better at it. Our Parts is only open till lunch on a saturday and i wouldn't be able to give accessory prices either. To be quite honest i wouldn't want a customer like you if thats how you go on! People already treat salesman like sh*t at times. If i had a smart ***** like you talking like a tw*t to me I would have been polite and charged you full list price and gave you a sh*t px if you had one! No discount lol! However if you had waited or came back i would have done anything i could to make you feel happy and get you discount! Moral - don't p*ss salesman off if you are nice to them they might save you a bob!

Im totally with perfectshadows and Hou on this one - The sales team are there for a reason - they should know OR be able to find out very quickly anything about the car! otherwise why did they get the job? :huh:

and i have to fully disagree with the statement of 'if they dont weekends then thats that - take time off work' WHY?? They should do what they can to meet the customers needs - i cant remember the amount of times ive needed a part from toyota on a weekend - when most people are likely to do work on their cars - and the parts department has been closed - its infuriating!! :angry:

They shouldnt just tell you to 'come back later' to me thats just plain rude - they should at the very least take down customers details and say that somebody will call them back - and make sure they do call them - as thats irritating aswell - when they say they will call but fail to do so!

I agree it is an important decision to make when choosing a car - you are going to be parting with lots of cash - maybe some people more than others are willing to ignore the crap service because youve set you heart on one particular car - but if you havent made your mind up on a brand of car then visits like this to more than one company will show you just what you can expect from the service department, and when you are handing over wads of cash - do you really want to give the commision to the person who left you waiting for hours?? I know who id rather buy from!

This type of Topic will always have the for and against...Members have given some sound advise for both sides..

We have all been to different dealers etc and expect much more. Dealer part store's have always only ever opened until Saturday afternoon or later and NEVER on a Sunday (Kingo may answer this). This has always gone on as long as I have been driving and needed things for my cars. Going in and then telling the sales guy what you know is good but don't over do it and make them feel bad. Most punters (excuse pun) will know more about accessory's and extra add on's than the salesman, because before going in they would have researched more...You cant expect one person to know everything about every part and accessory for every car they sell...

I deal with customers & Clients every day and help them to resolve there sometime complex software & installation issues...I don't know everything and certainly don't know all their details about there software...they use it more than me so I have to ask them for advise on what they have done to ascertain what may be wrong...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links