Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Vs. Peugeot

perfectshadows

Most people on here know I'm an old fart and my clock has quite a few miles on it, I have been in the motor trade, all be it the heavy industry side, for nearly forty years so I know my way round the mechanics of any vehicle and could probably run rings round the majority of salesmen in ANY dealership so when I first decided that I wanted my first Toyota I went to my local dealer (bearing in mind I already had an idea what car and specification I wanted). I didn't mind waiting, on the contrary, I hate being pressured into anything.

Eventually, when I decided what vehicle came up to my expectations and standards, I waited PATIENTLY to see one of the salesmen who was available. A guy called Peter (who was older than me), said he would see me as soon as he had dealt with an existing customer, as I had my mind set on buying this particular model there was no real problem waiting for his assistance.

When he did eventually become free (could have been longer than half an hour I don't know) he gave me his undivided attention (by this I mean politely asking anyone else (Even impatient individuals, to, "Please wait")), I went through the motions of describing my wants and needs, this he did within his capabilities (I didn't go there with the intention of showing my superior knowledge.....I wanted to buy a car).

I am now on my third Toyota and every time I visit the the dealership, I make it a point to find Peter and have a chat.

Your comment "is this what I can expect from toyota? or is this just a freaky site?" to me infers that all on here are a bunch of weirdo's, this I can assure you is not the case.

Toyota is a brand that sells cars......we, on this site are just people who happen to own them.

Regards

Les

I agree with Hou & Tegan :thumbsup:

most people work 5 days a week and weekends is when most can go buy a car,

why should you take time off work ? thats taking the mick sorry, lose money because the salesman

wont sell you a car on a weekend ! i dont think so ;)

I worked in the motortrade for years and have known sales men take a car to customers place of work,

or home , to try get a sale.

I have yet to find a good toyota dealer, the salesman who i got the yaris off was ok,

but not perfect, there were things not done that he had promised,my car was not valeted correctly when i picked it up either,and i have not had good services from them.

When i was over at TTE having my compressor fitted, i saw they were bringing over the Corolla compressor,

so when i next went to my local dealer i asked about it, and was told they knew nothing about it and had no idea what a compressor was :blink:

12 months later its in their showroom :rolleyes: but reading on our corolla forum some dealers still dont have a clue about them!

Bit off topic but shows their lack of product knowledge.

Please dont give up on buying an Aygo yet though, toyotas are great little cars, go find another dealer , where hopefully the salesmen will be more helpfull.

maybe the guys at the dealership you went to are paid a wage, and not paid by the cars they sell.

oh and Welcome to the club :D

i wasn't being stroppy at first, i was fine calm level headed. it was the fact they wen't seeing customers and just sat there ignoring me that annoyed me.

there was no receptionist. if there was, it wasn't visible!

Pauljack if you did that i'd of not bought the car from you would I. but say you had been my sales asstiant you'd of probably been there with 10minutes not 30, which would of led me to be a far nicer person still haggeled like crazy with you but on a much friendlier maner. it takes 10 seconds to say "are you alright sir need any help" thats not pushy at all.

and business advice for all those around who seem to need it.

your Sales assitant is the first thing a customer will see and hear when they walk into a showroom if these people are not of high quality, integrity and brilliant at addressing customers needs then no mater how good your product is, it will fail to sell.

I am sure my experience is isolated to this showroom thanks to other comments in this thread as such I will not be tarring all toyota with the same brush.

for those I have offended I am sorry, I have cooled off now.

this has turned into a snipe thread at peugeot and myself can a mod please lock this thread!!!!! I hold this debate as finished!

conclusions:

Chichester toyota bad!

toyota good!

i wasn't being stroppy at first, i was fine calm level headed. it was the fact they wen't seeing customers and just sat there ignoring me that annoyed me.

there was no receptionist. if there was, it wasn't visible!

Pauljack if you did that i'd of not bought the car from you would I. but say you had been my sales asstiant you'd of probably been there with 10minutes not 30, which would of led me to be a far nicer person still haggeled like crazy with you but on a much friendlier maner. it takes 10 seconds to say "are you alright sir need any help" thats not pushy at all.

and business advice for all those around who seem to need it.

your Sales assitant is the first thing a customer will see and hear when they walk into a showroom if these people are not of high quality, integrity and brilliant at addressing customers needs then no mater how good your product is, it will fail to sell.

I am sure my experience is isolated to this showroom thanks to other comments in this thread as such I will not be tarring all toyota with the same brush.

for those I have offended I am sorry, I have cooled off now.

this has turned into a snipe thread at peugeot and myself can a mod please lock this thread!!!!! I hold this debate as finished!

conclusions:

Chichester toyota bad!

toyota good!

Thanks for your interesting post and consider this locked now ;)

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links