Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Change

Severn

Hey,

I will be attemtping a clutch change in the next few weeks and I am wondering whether someone has a link or printable version of instructions... Don't wanna start it without doing it right.

Also, If anyone has a new clutch for sale or donation that'd be great cheers

Hey,

I will be attemtping a clutch change in the next few weeks and I am wondering whether someone has a link or printable version of instructions... Don't wanna start it without doing it right.

PM me your address, I'll get a copy of the Toyota service manual (BGB) on CD-ROM to you.

Doing the clutch of axle stands is a right PITA. I wouldn't dream of doing another that way. If you have access to a decent ramp (lift) and another body or two, it will make life a lot easier. However, if you do insist doing it off stands, set aside a couple of days ;)

New clutches can be got from Brakes International (brakesint.com). Cheapest decent OEM clutch kits (and brake parts) available. You'll want the whole clutch kit too and get to your local autofactors and pick up an alignment tool :thumbsup:

Hey,

PM me your address, I'll get a copy of the Toyota service manual (BGB) on CD-ROM to you.

Doing the clutch of axle stands is a right PITA. I wouldn't dream of doing another that way. If you have access to a decent ramp (lift) and another body or two, it will make life a lot easier. However, if you do insist doing it off stands, set aside a couple of days ;)

New clutches can be got from Brakes International (brakesint.com). Cheapest decent OEM clutch kits (and brake parts) available. You'll want the whole clutch kit too and get to your local autofactors and pick up an alignment tool :thumbsup:

Cheers for the help, I will PM the address to you in a mo!! I have access to ramps so I think that'll be the best idea!! Book times for change is 5 hours!!! yeah right!! lol

Sorry about the spelling............I have two hands and struggle to type, smoke a !Removed!, pick up my pint and change channel on the TV ;)

Sorry about the spelling............I have two hands and struggle to type, smoke a !Removed!, pick up my pint and change channel on the TV ;)

Don't worry about the spelling.........

( I just can't resist using the hoover ! )

Book times for change is 5 hours!!! yeah right!! lol

5 hours doesn't sound too far off when using a lift TBH. It took me nearly two days on axle stands :eek:

Although when I changed the gear box on my donor engine it took just over an hour, but the engine wasn't in the car. Still a PITA...

Let us know how long it takes :thumbsup:

And if you do it quicker. send me some tips :thumbsup: :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links