Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Limo Black Window Tints

sxi_ste

Hey

Getting tints done on my corolla in a few days time, and wondered if anybody out there has had limo black tints fitted to there car. If so could you please post pictures, also was wondering what driving is like, is it still ok in the day when looking through the rear view mirror? what about at night? can you see car headlights and that on the motorway?

Regards

Ste

Hey

Getting tints done on my corolla in a few days time, and wondered if anybody out there has had limo black tints fitted to there car. If so could you please post pictures, also was wondering what driving is like, is it still ok in the day when looking through the rear view mirror? what about at night? can you see car headlights and that on the motorway?

Regards

Ste

Please tell me that you are not going to apply a heavy tint to either your windscreen or rear window. If you are, remind me not to park up around Ilkeston in case my car gets hit by you at night. It's illegal anyway... isn't it?

It IS legal to black out your rear windows. Its your passenger/drivers side which is illegal..

200708131415_008.jpg

JAE2007094.jpg

DSC03453.jpg

Its like wearing sun glasses during the day, i got mine done at a proper window company.

At night you can still see but don't need to fiddle with the mirror to stop the glare. I like it for what its cost me and would get it done again

HTH

Hey

Regards

Ste

Please tell me that you are not going to apply a heavy tint to either your windscreen or rear window. If you are, remind me not to park up around Ilkeston in case my car gets hit by you at night. It's illegal anyway... isn't it?

Like Fizz said its only illegal to get windscreen and drivers side and passengers side windows at the front done. I've had mine since beginning of May, so 4 months and i haven't reversed into anything or one, even at night :thumbsup:

dangerously dark...

but i guess if you are careful you will be ok.

mind you , you wont be able see a black car very well at night...

Was thinking of getting the back window done in limo,, back 2 sides in dark,, front 2 light.

Would it look better dark in the back 3 and light in the front 2.

Im getting it done at a profesional tint place

Get it done by a reputable company, the Police are very keen here in North Wales, they will stop you and produce a light meter to check they are legal..............You have been warned! You can get a fixed penalty if too dark. Kingo :thumbsup:

Was thinking of getting the back window done in limo,, back 2 sides in dark,, front 2 light.

Would it look better dark in the back 3 and light in the front 2.

Im getting it done at a profesional tint place

you can't get the front two windows done AT ALL by law

dangerously dark...

but i guess if you are careful you will be ok.

mind you , you wont be able see a black car very well at night...

was done by a proper glazers

safety films UK

like I said its the darkest they did and it no different than wearing sun glasses

Edit: Due to swear filter blocking f, u and k's in that order just click safety films uk at the top

I got 85% not limo 95% and believe me its dark enough. The rear ones arn't illegal as my insurance are happy to cover extra tints at the rear! You can't do the fronts tho!

I wouldnt get the back ones done as you cant do the front - sorry to people who have done that but it looks daft unless they are all done - and as the law has put the knackers on that one - i wouldnt bother if i were you - im sure people will disagree though

If you just about touch the front passenger windows with a tint it will put them over the limit. The police here are cracking down on this now, and can impound your car if they want to be nasty.

You should note that if you do get pulled and the police do not have a light meter to read the tint, it is up to you to make sure they actually use the meter and not just book you cause it does not look right.

I did not do mine in my Gen 6 celica, I think it is used as an excuse to pull you over by the police in this area.

I wouldnt get the back ones done as you cant do the front - sorry to people who have done that but it looks daft unless they are all done - and as the law has put the knackers on that one - i wouldnt bother if i were you - im sure people will disagree though

I appreciate what you say and it is indeed a matter of taste but I think my windows look just fine. The tints are as fitted by Toytota and are therefore totally legal :)

LandC1.jpg

I hope that no one considers getting the front side windows tinted as they are dangerous at night :(

For me the appearance of the rear tints depends on the car.

Looks fine on an MR2 (where applicable) as the rear windows serve little function. Not too bad on most 2 door cars, especially coupes, and seems to suit the Landcruiser for some reason. I don't like it at all on a four/five door car though. Looks like half a job then.

Hilux2.JPG

My truck came with the rears tinted... the back screen and rear most side windows are mega dark limo black, the rear door ones are slightly less tinted, -although they look the same from the outside...

Reversing at night is not an issue.... at the touch of a button the rear screen slides out of sight ;) As for black cars at night... they have headlights :P

lurk.JPG

Very light smoke all round bar the windscreen, visibility perfect..... - although its a dry weather use only car and only gets driven with the roof off and the widows down anyway!

By law you could paint the rear and side rear windows black if you so desired, - as seen on many vans!

post-4811-1188946714_thumb.jpg

Just a quickie karma

you live in london so why did you buy a Hilux?

London?? It says he lives in Henley on Thames? That would pretty much put him closer to the center of Oxford then the center of London! The Thames is a pretty long river ;)

Mini Marc is correct ;)

I live on the border of a big forrest and a big park, in the middle of nowhere... - there are two houses in our post code.

Both the pics of my truck are within 100m from my house, and I was fed up of using my supra daily down pot holed, bumpy stone/tree debris littered country lanes.

What on earth made you think I lived in London?

I can vouch for karma here - the road to his house is terrible for lowered cars - or even just normal cars i dont blame him for buying a 4x4- lovely and peaceful down there though :P

You should note that if you do get pulled and the police do not have a light meter to read the tint, it is up to you to make sure they actually use the meter and not just book you cause it does not look right.

I'm sure it is an excuse to pull any car that doesn't look right, but your right, if they DO have a meter (and they do in North Wales traffic cars) then you are bang to rights and will get a fixed penalty and told to remove it. If they DON'T have a meter, then have something with you that says what the light reading is, or something to say it is a legal tint, maybe from the supplier, otherwise you are going to be put through all sorts of hassle when given a ticket. Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey

Regards

Ste

Hi there,

If you want ur wheels to look like a pimp mobile go ahead...... lol :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links